Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i give up, or should i?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 4 Replies
So here is something that has been on mind a lot. I have no friends. Well i guess one. We have been friends for 18yrs. We were always real close growing up but when we got married we stopped talking so much and hanging out. It has made me sad but i dont kno what to do. Wr both have kids now. Its hard for me to get out especially with 2 under 6yo. I usually do the texting to communicate and ask her to hang out from here to there. She might call once n a blue moon to ask if we wanna go eat but it just never works out. And today we r supposed to go out for lunch and the mall but she hasn't even called yet like she said she would. I still love her and miss the friendship we used to have and have told her this. Am i just putting too much worry and energy into this? Should u just pull back and not worry and lay it in get hands? TIA btw she seriously just txted me to ask when i want to head out
She always takes forever to get going!
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Crazylife1994
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM

My oldest friend and I went through this as well. Marriage, kids, careers all got in the way. I finally called her one day and told her I missed just sitting and talking like we used to she agreed.

We decided that at least once a month we would go out to lunch no matter what. We even scheduled it a full month ahead to prevent any other appointments from interfering. We have done this for 5 years now and only miss if there is an emergency.

Reach out to her and find time to hang out.

SeabeeWife2011
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Don't give up, I would be heading out anyways with kids and all and would call her. Say hey, I'm out at this place. Gimme a call. It is hard with kids. In fact I have a single friend I've known for 8 years. She's busy with work while I'm at home with my baby boy....sometimes we get together, other times we don't and we chill out.
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Good friends stay friends. I have been friends with my best friend since we were 13. We are 52 now. I have not even lived in the same state for 28 years. We send emails every day. I have other friends I keep in contact with through our moving and have known then 20+ years. I make at least one good friend everywhere we have lived.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anj2mom
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I'd love to b able to schedule a mo n advance but can't since dh has different off days every wk and we gave no babysitter. Hard to schedule dr appts too. I hate that but it's our life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)