Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Remembering what you have.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Everyone goes through life taking things for granted not on purpose but just being used to having it.

I have been reminded recently how lucky I am to have the life and love I share with my wonderful husband.

My heart breaks for my oldest friend as she was blind-sided by her husband saying he wants a divorce and now is suffering a very painful loss. He has made her feel like she is worthless. She is such a beautiful person inside and out. She puts all her love in for everyone she knows and this one person has destroyed her heart and soul.

She had no clue that he wasn't happy or wanted out. They still went out for weekly date nights and were intimate on a regular basis.

After witnessing her pain day after day and trying to remind her how wonderful she is. I can't help but be grateful for my loving husband who is so open with me. Still telling how his day was. His hopes and dreams for our future together.

I guess I am just trying to say stop and see what you have in front of you. Smile and find some peace in your life no matter what stresses you may have for the moment.

I am only hiding my identiy to protect her.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Replies (11-16):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I wish I could she is 5000 miles away from me. If it wasn't wedding season I would fly to see her but right now I can't. 

Quoting mamamiajk:

You sound like her angel on earth. Good friends are hard to come by. Bless you and give her lots of hugs!

MySweetChild
by Sarah on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

So very sad!  Sending good thoughts & prayers for your friend, time will heal this wound, but I am sure it is so very painful!  She is lucky to have you in her life to help her with this sad time!

ninamsi
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Yesterday is a memory and tomorrow is only a hope and a dream.  We have to make today the best day ever.  You are helping not only your friend but I am sure you have helped uplift someone else.  Keep uplifting your friend and both of you will be blessed.

SeabeeWife2011
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Oh holy hell!! I hope the kids will be ok through all of this.

Quoting Anonymous:

A nine year old daughter and a 3 year old son.  I know she will survive this but it destroying her right now. 

Quoting SeabeeWife2011:

The only thing you can do for her is be there. She's going to need you and I'm sorry, that really sucks. I don't believe in divorce myself and I am happy with my hubby and our first little boy, who's almost 4 months old.

Does your friend have any kids? I hope not but I pray that good things come to her and her family

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Oh wow. That sucks.
If I were her, I'd be going for alimony. It's not like they were fighting and unhappy. He came out of the blue and wanted a divorce. That's not fair to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM

That's not her style. She will do it on her own finacially except child support. She works full time and makes a nice salary. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow. That sucks.
If I were her, I'd be going for alimony. It's not like they were fighting and unhappy. He came out of the blue and wanted a divorce. That's not fair to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)