Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Night terrors?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think ds has night terrors, or some variant of it.  He's 5, and it started about 6 weeks ago.  It doesn't happen nightly, but when it does it's about an hour to hour and a half after young to bed.  He comes out of his room crying and mumbles things that make no sense when asked what's wrong,  We get him tucked back in bed and within a min.or 2 is out cold again.  No screaming, though.  I plan to talk to his doc at his well visit in a few weeks, but any thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Replies (11-12):
honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

DS use to have them, he wouldn't remember them the next morning , I used to have them too. Usually its due to some sort of stress. I think its good ur talking to the Dr. about it, His passed as on its own. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

What you describe is much like what I'm experiencing.  Thanks for sharing.

Quoting 2pink1blue:

My oldest suffers from night terrors and has since she was about 4-4.5.  For her, the night terrors started when she started dropping that afternoon nap and was so tired by bedtime that she fell asleep instantly and did not have enough time to "download" from her day.  She was (and still is) the kind of kid that needs to listen to music, sing to herself and/or read before falling asleep.  On the nights she is extra tired and passes put immediately, she is up 90 minutes later crying (not screaming at all), mumbling and completely out of sorts.  It's fairly easy for me to talk her down, calm her and get her right back to bed.  She has never remembered in the morning.  She is 10.5 years old now and I think it happens once every 2-3 months.  At 4.5 years old it was happening twice a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN