Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

is it like this where you are?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I live in colorado and we are trying to move. The problem is there is NOTHING to rent anywhere. If I find something in the paper I call on it and it is already RENTED!!! Usually this time of year it is easy to find something because ski season is over and everyone is leaving. Is it like this where you are?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
copperked
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
My brother is struggling to find a place to rent that will accept a small dog and cat and isn't outrageously priced on the Oregon Coast. I just moved from a small town in NorthEastern Oregon and renters there are having to wait six months to a year to find get into homes, the waiting lists are so long. It took my cousin and her bf a year to find a 3 bedroom place and he was facing losing custody of his daughter because the state considered it unacceptable to have a 8 yr old girl and 3 yr old boy in a 2 bedroom apartment. Another friend in the military actually did lose custody of his kids because his ex convinced the courts that he couldn't provide a stable home for his kids since it took almost six months after he returned from deployment to find an actual house to live in. He'd had to live in a fifth wheel trailer until something opened up, and several of my friends and I started looking for a house for him 3 months before he got home. So yeah, some places are really bad.
imamombygrace
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Sadly, yes. My Mom has been trying to find someplace decent and reasonable to rent. She has been living in a motel until she can find a place. Everything is either over priced, gone when she calls, or in a terrible neighborhood.
ambertreas76
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Not here in Ocala, FL.  Maybe try craigslist.  Search for property management companies that rent out of the area you're looking at and see if they have any.  In my own experience, going through a property management company is the best way to rent.

cyork2
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:53 AM
same here in northern va. The cheap rent places are dumps.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

Plenty of places to rent here in NYC if you have the money.

godsgirl26
by ♥ char ♥ on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM
That's crazy because we are thinking of moving back to Colorado springs. We loved it out there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:15 AM
We are in the mountains. The front range (DEnver and Co Springs are way too far to go) We are looking anywhere within 2 hour commute one way for DH. So, Teller, Chaffee, Summit, Eagle, Garfield counties. We cant buy for a multitude of reasons - at least not right now. We would love to buy something LOL I am contacting realtors, the newspaper and word of mouth to find something.
Quoting honeydewmommy:

Goodness nowhere to live? where do you live in CO. DH and I rented till we were both out of college and we were in the military, so we moved a lot, I just never had a problem finding a place to live, in every move. Finally in the end when he got out we could buy a house. 

What resources are you using finding a place to rent. Can you afford to buy??

cesol912
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM

No I live in Ga. My rent is $325.00

svolkov
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM
This. There are three houses in my neighborhood yhate range from 1800-2400/mo .

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

I'm in co and there are all sorts of places to live in my area. Just depends on where you are.looking and the price.range.

svolkov
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM
We r looking at places in evergreen area right now!

Quoting Anonymous:

We are in the mountains. The front range (DEnver and Co Springs are way too far to go) We are looking anywhere within 2 hour commute one way for DH. So, Teller, Chaffee, Summit, Eagle, Garfield counties. We cant buy for a multitude of reasons - at least not right now. We would love to buy something LOL I am contacting realtors, the newspaper and word of mouth to find something.

Quoting honeydewmommy:

Goodness nowhere to live? where do you live in CO. DH and I rented till we were both out of college and we were in the military, so we moved a lot, I just never had a problem finding a place to live, in every move. Finally in the end when he got out we could buy a house. 

What resources are you using finding a place to rent. Can you afford to buy??

RunningMommaof2
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Well... it's only like that around here if you're looking for a decent place for a reasonable price. If you're looking for a dump for cheap, or have the outrageous amount of money to spend on a nice rental... there's pleanty of those around here! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)