Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My SIL said she was to old....

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 34 Replies

She has two granddaughters one is 8 and the other is 5. At Easter she gave the little one a stuffed rabbit w/candy and the other one she gave her gum (that she can't have because of her teeth problems) and some candy.

The 8 year old asked her why she did not get a stuffed rabbit and my SIL her grandmother said she was too old for stuffed animals :O

The girl was devastated and called her other grandmother and asked why is she too old and was crying.

I like to say that you are never too old for stuffed animals or toys. If it brings a smile to someone's face than give them what they like.

My SIL is a bitch she does not know how to be a grandmother because she was a lousy mother. When my nephew and niece were 13 years old they were suppose to by their own stuff, everything AT 13.

Both my brother and his wife are cheap and cold bastard's!! both work and make good money but tell everyone they don't have money lol but if you look at their home and 3 cars, A Mercedes, Hummer, and a old truck to pull their horse trailer, you know they are full of crap!!

Sorry had to vent!!

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunflower37
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Your Sil is a total b----. You're right you're never too old to get stuffed animals. I am 43 and still get them from my husband on special occasions.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Ds is 8 and got a stuffed animal for his birthday, he sleeps with it every night.
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I'd rather not have people give my kids stuffed animals at any age. They are clutter! One or 2 is all a kid really needs. That said, i don't worry about what my cousins brothers best friend gives his grand kids. Not your business or problem, why are you so worried about it?
gammie
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Because a child was hurt!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I'd rather not have people give my kids stuffed animals at any age. They are clutter! One or 2 is all a kid really needs. That said, i don't worry about what my cousins brothers best friend gives his grand kids. Not your business or problem, why are you so worried about it?

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Children are hurt all the time. True story. You can't control other people. If you don't like it go get the kid a beanie baby. You are just going to make your own life miserable worrying about what someone else does or says that doesn't meet your approval.
So what if she doesn't spend her money the way you like? Mean? Sure. Abusive? No. She got both kids gifts. Maybe they don't meet your approval but wouldn't it have been better to say, "how nice of her to think of you." Rather than flip out over something so petty?

Quoting gammie:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids have at least 20 stuffies each.... Sure they get on my nerves sometimes... but each one is important to them how they aquired them. I wouldn't even think about limiting them to just 1 or 2. 

The child was hurt. By telling an 8yr old they are "too old" for a TOY is BS. My Daddy (yes I still call him that and I'm going to be 32) still gets them for me, so does DF and so do my boys. Because our apt is so small I have them all packed away. 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM
My kids don't have emotional attachments to stuff. If your family does... Fine. I only expressed what i do and don't want around my house. Herds of toy animals is not something i like. I'm pretty OCD and it just screams mold and dust mites!
A kid was hurt because she didn't like her present as much as her siblings? Hmm. I'd say the problem isn't just the grandma.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

My kids have at least 20 stuffies each.... Sure they get on my nerves sometimes... but each one is important to them how they aquired them. I wouldn't even think about limiting them to just 1 or 2. 

The child was hurt. By telling an 8yr old they are "too old" for a TOY is BS. My Daddy (yes I still call him that and I'm going to be 32) still gets them for me, so does DF and so do my boys. Because our apt is so small I have them all packed away. 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

gammie
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM

No one flipping out my piont is that she is a bitch! 

And I do buy the girls  stuff all the time but Im not the grandmother !

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Children are hurt all the time. True story. You can't control other people. If you don't like it go get the kid a beanie baby. You are just going to make your own life miserable worrying about what someone else does or says that doesn't meet your approval.
So what if she doesn't spend her money the way you like? Mean? Sure. Abusive? No. She got both kids gifts. Maybe they don't meet your approval but wouldn't it have been better to say, "how nice of her to think of you." Rather than flip out over something so petty?

Quoting gammie:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I have OCD and have no problem with having the stuffies around. Mold doesn't grow in the stuffies unless they are wet and contained.... Dust happens no matter if you have stuffies or not. You just seem like someone who didn't special things as a child so you're denying your own children those awesome things. 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

My kids don't have emotional attachments to stuff. If your family does... Fine. I only expressed what i do and don't want around my house. Herds of toy animals is not something i like. I'm pretty OCD and it just screams mold and dust mites!
A kid was hurt because she didn't like her present as much as her siblings? Hmm. I'd say the problem isn't just the grandma.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Oh... and btw.... just like kids don't "have emotional attachments to stuff" I'm sure they have emotional attachments to dance and the trophies.... which isn't a neccesity... and also STUFF! Which by the way.... the trophies scream dust also.... 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)