Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

gun control v. abortion *pic*

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 44 Replies
2 moms liked this

I found this interesting and wanted to share:

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Sick of all this crap.
GertieK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM
4 moms liked this

Crap?  Baby's lives are crap?  Your freedom is crap?  You better wake up and smell the coffee, because we are on the verge of losing the free America you are taking for granted.  Crap?  That attitude is exactly why we are about to go down for the last time... and you are taking the rest of us down with you.  CRAP?  Yeah, post anonymously. 

berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Truth
Stephd710
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Im anti gun control and pro choice so.....yeah. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Freedom?? Freedom is keeping abortion legal and the right to bear arms.

Quoting GertieK:

Crap?  Baby's lives are crap?  Your freedom is crap?  You better wake up and smell the coffee, because we are on the verge of losing the free America you are taking for granted.  Crap?  That attitude is exactly why we are about to go down for the last time... and you are taking the rest of us down with you.  CRAP?  Yeah, post anonymously. 

GertieK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry, can't go with the "life begins a 6 weeks, or 8 weeks, or 10 weeks, or 24 weeks" line of attempted reasoning.  Life begins when life begins.  Abortion is no longer a well thought out prayerful decision made by a woman.  It has become a form of birth control.  41% of all pregnancies in NY are terminated by abortion.  That is just sick.  We have men like dr. gosnell committing horrifying acts and being completely ignored by the media...until they were shamed into mentioning him. This man, snipped baby's spines who managed to survive a botched abortion procedure, some as old as 29 weeks gestation, without even blinking an eye.  Of course, if the media actually reported facts and truth, people might realize that this inner city abortion clinic that aborted mostly black babies is the face of abortion in this country. Black babies are as likely to be aborted as to be born.  Planned Parenthood operates the nation's largest abortion chain and almost 80 percent of them are in minority neighborhoods. Even though black women make up only 13 percent of our population, they account for over 35 percent of abortions. They can't cover the gosnell story without the truth of abortion rearing its ugly head. It is easier to be pro-choice from afar so they do not want to report on it. Margaret Sanger is lauded as being this amazing pro-women's rights activist, but if people were to actually dig into who she truly was, they would find out that she was into eugenics, and would have been happy (and was working on ways) to wipe out the black race in America. Here are quotes from her that you will never hear PP use:  "The most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."  And from her book, Women, Morality and Birth Control, "We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities.  The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."  Margaret Sanger 

One of these days, the reality of abortion is going to make itself known to many, and it is going to be a sad day indeed.  My own personal beliefs come directly from the following:

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb....Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:13,16.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Just what we need. Several million more unwanted children here. Have enough abused as there is. They won't give them up. Not these people. Can't go back to back alley abortions.

Quoting GertieK:

Sorry, can't go with the "life begins a 6 weeks, or 8 weeks, or 10 weeks, or 24 weeks" line of attempted reasoning.  Life begins when life begins.  Abortion is no longer a well thought out prayerful decision made by a woman.  It has become a form of birth control.  41% of all pregnancies in NY are terminated by abortion.  That is just sick.  We have men like dr. gosnell committing horrifying acts and being completely ignored by the media...until they were shamed into mentioning him. This man, snipped baby's spines who managed to survive a botched abortion procedure, some as old as 29 weeks gestation, without even blinking an eye.  Of course, if the media actually reported facts and truth, people might realize that this inner city abortion clinic that aborted mostly black babies is the face of abortion in this country. Black babies are as likely to be aborted as to be born.  Planned Parenthood operates the nation's largest abortion chain and almost 80 percent of them are in minority neighborhoods. Even though black women make up only 13 percent of our population, they account for over 35 percent of abortions. They can't cover the gosnell story without the truth of abortion rearing its ugly head. It is easier to be pro-choice from afar so they do not want to report on it. Margaret Sanger is lauded as being this amazing pro-women's rights activist, but if people were to actually dig into who she truly was, they would find out that she was into eugenics, and would have been happy (and was working on ways) to wipe out the black race in America. Here are quotes from her that you will never hear PP use:  "The most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."  And from her book, Women, Morality and Birth Control, "We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities.  The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."  Margaret Sanger 

One of these days, the reality of abortion is going to make itself known to many, and it is going to be a sad day indeed.  My own personal beliefs come directly from the following:

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb....Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:13,16.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't see the comparison. And planned parenthood is about much more than abortions.

HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pro-choice, but I'm anti-abortion; I simply don't believe that my uterus (or anyone else's) is the business of the civil government.

Anti-gun control too.

Thanks for replying. :-)

Quoting Stephd710:

Im anti gun control and pro choice so.....yeah. 

HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I think the point is for the family to educate and support these girls (and women) so they don't get pregnant in the first place.  No one wants to drive women to back-alley abortion clinics.

I'm pro-choice and anti-abortion.  I don't want the government telling me what can and cannot go on inside my uterus; however, I teach my children (girls AND boys) that sex is not something to enter into lightly, it should be reserved for marriage, and the consequences of having sex in general are (that multiple sexual partners increases your chances of getting STDs and that having sex when a woman is fertile usually begins a pregnancy (baby born) and that parents are responsible for their children.  I think that my children know that I would bend over backward to help them in whatever situation they find themselves, but that they would do their best not to end up as pregnant teens because they're not ready to be parents.  My hope is that everyone taught their children that sex is not a game, but is a very serious thing and not to be entered into lightly; then I think we have hope of not needing abortion clinics at all (legal or otherwise).

Quoting Anonymous:

Just what we need. Several million more unwanted children here. Have enough abused as there is. They won't give them up. Not these people. Can't go back to back alley abortions.

Quoting GertieK:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN