Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you think it's okay for boys to wear pink?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

So my son and I went shopping because he needed some new clothes and his tastes (he's 6) run towards the preppy, so we got him some khaki shorts and some polo shirts and one of them he picked out was a pale pink. We got home and my husband FLIPPED!

Do you think it's okay for boys to wear pink?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, 20+ years ago pink dress shirts were considered a power color in business. Dh and most men wore them then. He had pink polo shirts too. Now, doesn't seem to be popular now though.
LowryCuisine
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

What your hubby isn't tough enough for pink? And yes pink can be worn on boys, it's not like you bought him a pink frilly dress and little heeled shoes.

moniagee
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Yes. As a matter of fact, pink is one of my 12 year old ds's favorite colors. He has quite a few pink shirts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ina.Elena
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Yes, it's a t shirt, not a gown. Boys won't grow a vagina out of wearing pink. Maybe your husband is a bit insecure about the whole thing. Don't bully him into accepting he was wrong to flip, perhaps just make some light hearted jokes about it, show him it's something that matters very little actually, not just for you but for the whole part of the normal humanity. 

EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Of course.  Sorry, but your hubby is nervous about his own sexuality, doesn't like gays, and projected that onto his son.  I personally hate pink as a matter of personal preference but everyone has different tastes.  Let others wear what they want.

jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM

why not

zumbafreak11
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Some guys look good in pink and some don't. My brother wears pink and purple sometimes. The purple shirt he has was a gift from his inlaws. I think it's a personal decision whether or not a boy wears pink. I think your husband may be concerned about raising a gay son. My brother and SIL have been married for 23 months and are expecting my niece (their first child ) in June.
kitty8199
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Its fine. Hubby needs to grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure. What's wrong with a pink shirt, especially a polo? I think they're cute and it's weird that your husband would freak out over that. Besides, there was a time when boys and girls wore white and both wore dresses until they were like six. I dislike the "stigma" of pink on boys and think they should be able to wear either color.

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM

sure. Pink is very preppy and a happy summer color for boys or men. My DH wears pink shirts on occassion and definitely in his ties. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN