Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If you made more money, would you be happier?

Posted by   + Show Post

University of Michigan economists Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers have discovered that for people of all economic circumstances, when income rises, people say they are happier. (http://now.msn.com/more-income-makes-people-happier-says-study)

If you made more money, would YOU be happier?

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I'm not sure. I stay home and my husband definitely makes enough, but sometimes I think I would be happier if I had a job and my own income coming in.
gammie
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I don't need more money to be happy but it can bring me peace of mind and i can help my kids, that will make even more happy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattedReader
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM
the simple answer: yes. More money equals less stress and worry about paying the bills and more time and resources to provide great food and memories for my family.
gizmo538
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I wouldn't want to be mega-rich, but I would like to be at a point where we could make ends meet and have a little left over to save up for things we want or emergencies. That would make me very happy. Right now, we're on a tight, tight budget.

Supervane
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Maybe
Elyssa414
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Now that we are making ends meet and paying down our debt, I am happier- less stressed! :)
megan91
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Hell yeah it would. we can barely get by as it is. we dont even have money for a car right now.
Lynette
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Yes! We decided last year we were tired if living with debt so we are doing the Dave Ramsey thing. Anything that could hurry the process along would be a dream come true.
thefiregoddess
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Yes.
my4boys2002
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:04 AM
No I don't stress about money I'm thankful for that but making more world not make me happier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN