Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If you made more money, would you be happier?

Posted by   + Show Post

University of Michigan economists Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers have discovered that for people of all economic circumstances, when income rises, people say they are happier. (http://now.msn.com/more-income-makes-people-happier-says-study)

If you made more money, would YOU be happier?

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
Smilersam
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Yes I would be alot happier knowing I didnt have to worry about money.

kalejames2010
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:48 AM
This.

Quoting nodramamama311:

I would be happier if we didn't have to struggle, worry about how we are going to pay upcoming bills. I'd be happier if we had a vehicle that didn't have a check engine light on all the time and leaked radiator fluid. Yes, if we had more money I'd be happier because the stress and worry would be gone. I don't need to be filthy rich and have tons of material things, just less worry.
SlightlyPerfect
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Same here.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have money and are happy.

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:34 AM

And Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers get paid for this?

slightlyperfect

KRIZZ25
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:42 AM
I THANK YES IN A WAY AND NO IN A WAY ..IF I HAD A JOB THAT MADE GOOD MONEY I WOULD PROB BE WORKING A LOT ..THAT WOULD BE THE NO SIDE. BUT LIFE WOULD BE LESS STRESSFUL. I COULD PAY OFF SUM BILLS.. THAT WOULD BE YES .
occumommy
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:48 AM

no I do not think I would be happier. I am not the type to care about the material things. as long as I have enough for my needs. which I do. I don't need more. I am happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM

More money isn't going to make me happier.  It will just help us better make ends meet.

Mystres
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I would be perfectly happier if my husband got a raise that would cover what I make.  This then would allow me to be a stay at home mom and home school my LO

aarensmommy
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:18 AM

i believe we would be happier in the sense we wouldnt have to worry about having to pay bills and the extra problems that come up when we have to figure out how to get money together..

Mistygirl
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I am happy already, but yes more money would be nice, it would make things a little easier. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)