Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How do you make friends with your neighbors?

Posted by   + Show Post

We built our home and moved in to it in Sept 12.  Outside of a few small conversations with my next door neighbor, I have not really met any of my neighbors yet.  I thought about baking a whole bunch of cookies and taking them door to door to introduce myself.  Would that be weird?  Any suggestions?

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Replies (21-27):
NDADanceMom
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM
We offer each other help when we see each other doing a project outside. We also have progressive dinners. Apps at one house, dinner at another, dessert at another. We rotate who hosts. Another neighbor plays movies on the side of his garage and we have a neighborhood movie night
kearaloves1
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:48 AM

no that wouldnt be weird but dont be suprised when they dont want to eat them....they may just want to talk for a few and then run away or atleast thats what some people do

auntangelofsix
by Angel on May. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
We just say hi n sometimes talk to them.
energygirl
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

we went for a walk and stopped to introduce ourselves...(and it was a few months after moving in since we moved in Oct...and it was cold out...we waited until March of that year). ...also baked cookies at Christmas and dropped them off at the closest neighbors. 

sunflower37
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

When we first moved in the neighborhood one of my neighbors brought over a bundt lemon cake. The few neighbors that we do see are very friendly.

floridablue56
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM

No not a good idea. watch what goes on around you you really dont know if its safe yet.beware!lay back and just watch..youll see

LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Just hope your neighbors arent crazy perves that think being friends means making obscene gestures toward you and mouthing stuff under his breath when his wife's not looking.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)