Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Nursing in public is vulgar and gross?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 317 Replies
1 mom liked this

While at a store recently, I sat down on one of the benches they have along the back wall of the store to nurse my baby girl and this lady came by and said I needed to throw a blanket over my daughter's head "so people don't have to see that." When I asked her what she meant, she said, in a hissed whisper, "Your breast is exposed. People don't need to see that."

I said, "My breast isn't exposed, it's covered by my baby's face as she drinks her dinner."

She said, "It's disgusting and I'm reporting you to the manager for being so vulgar and gross in public!"

Do YOU think it's "vulgar and gross" for a woman to nurse in public?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrspotatolips
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM
19 moms liked this
No it's not vulgar and I don't care if a breast is exposed or not. Feeding a baby is normal; it's society that is NOT normal.
RichardsMom0209
by New Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:29 AM
3 moms liked this
no...i dont dont think breastfeeding is gross and vulger. 99 percent of woman i see are actually trying to be discreet about it. But there is a few who dont care and just flop a boob around. I dont really want to see another womans boobs so i just dont look. Easy enough.
MomRocs1102
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM
3 moms liked this

No, its a mother feeding her child if people don't want to see don't look.  I would have put her in her place people feel like they can say anything to you.  You're more covered breast feeding than some bikinis I've seen.  The childs head is in the way of someone really seeing anything, if someone does see anything they have to be staring. She is a rude prick for saying that.

Icpjuggalette
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM
4 moms liked this
No. Maybe her face was vulgar and gross lol. :-D
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
6 moms liked this
I would use a blanket.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't think nursing in public is vulgar or gross but I do think the mom needs to cover with a light blanket.  The reason I say that is if I have my grandson with me and he sees that, I don't need a bunch of questions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Having your shirt not covering is exposing and not using a blanket. It isn't that hard really.
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Nope have done it on many occasions.  I have NEVER used a cover and not one part of my breast was ever exposed and no one ever even knew.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok, that is impossible unless you pulled your shirt down. Or if your baby has a huge head.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Nope have done it on many occasions.  I have NEVER used a cover and not one part of my breast was ever exposed and no one ever even knew.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM
5 moms liked this

Why dbl shirt and only ever took out just my nipple entire breast was covered.  Not really that hard to understand. 

This is my son nursing you can't see a thing.

T

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, that is impossible unless you pulled your shirt down. Or if your baby has a huge head.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)