Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would you drink and/or get high with your kids around?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies

A friend of mine went to a party for a teen's birthday and the parents there were drinking and smoking pot.

What do you think of this? Would you drink and/or get high with your kids around?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM
5 moms liked this
Never gotten high, ever. Drank a drink here and there at the pool on vacation.
What if your kids get hurt or sick and you need to drive?? Very reckless and irresponsible.
At a party, I would have called the cops probably, and or left. I wouldn't have friends like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
3 moms liked this

I think that's stupid, very, very stupid. If something happened, nobody would be in any shape to handle it. I never have gotten high and never would, and I don't get drunk around my kids. I'm responsible for them and I cannot be responsible if I'm acting that dumb.

romanceparty4u
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Depends, were the parents drunk? You can drink and not become drunk. I see no harm throwing a couple wine coolers back in the presence of chidren. Becoming impaired, is different. Doing something illegal is different. I would not do something illegal with my children present, as it sets a trashy example, to say the least.

Fields456
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Drinking yes smoking pot no 

ZombieMama1125
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Yeah, no. That's.....ridiculous.

RedSoxWife
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I'll have a couple beers with my kids around. I don't ever get drunk unless they're with my in laws. I haven't gotten stoned in 9 years (before I had babies) so no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM

They were drinking heavily AND smoking pot. The combination would be bad even if they weren't drinking heavily.

Quoting romanceparty4u:

Depends, were the parents drunk? You can drink and not become drunk. I see no harm throwing a couple wine coolers back in the presence of chidren. Becoming impaired, is different. Doing something illegal is different. I would not do something illegal with my children present, as it sets a trashy example, to say the least.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never gotten stoned, but I do drink a beer or two with them around. I think it's good for them to see me drink responsibly, sitting on my couch, not driving anywhere, etc., rather than hiding it from them and preaching to them not to drink. This way they'll hopefully learn as I did that drinking isn't bad, it's how much you drink and what you do that could be harmful.

Quoting RedSoxWife:

I'll have a couple beers with my kids around. I don't ever get drunk unless they're with my in laws. I haven't gotten stoned in 9 years (before I had babies) so no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM
3 moms liked this

Personly I would smoke pot before I would drink around my kids, but then again I already do smoke and it doesn't have any offect on how I take care of my kids.  They are healthy, get to play, get feed healthy meals everyday, go to school, get their school work done, go to bed at a normal time, do chores.  Oh and all my house work gets done and I also work 3 hours a day on weekdays.  So I guess I don't really see a problem as long as they are being responcable

Jodyblonde2007
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM

not get high ever, and wouldn't drink at a teen's birthday. the only time I drink is when my children are not home (and even then I only have 1 to 2 beers tops)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN