Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Can fathers sleep in SAME BED as mother in delivery room?!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

say, you had the baby and you had to stay a few days at the hospital. The baby stays in the room with you at all times. There is a couch provided if needed for husbands and fathers ect. But what if you wanted to cuddle? Would you get in trouble if he got in the bed and layed with you? I'm not talking about sex or anything. I just mean to lay there with you and bond with the baby. 

What do you think? What did you do?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Karopie_99
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I had an emergency csection with my last baby and probably will eith this baby. So I was in the hospital 4.5 days. Well the first night they offered dad a roll away bed to sleep on that they pulled up next to my bed. The next day after they removed my cathedar they brought me to the bathroom and I bled everywhere. So they moved me to a new room with a queen sized bed since dad was planning to stay with me each night. They said we can have the same set up, or get a bigger bed and sleep together. I thought it was great! Because having him next to me I sleep much better. Liker he rare nnights he falls asleep on the couch I sleep like crap. After my csectio. I slept good cause I was exhausted. And even if I had stayed in a small twin sized bed I'm sure he would have crawled in with me. He did the night after my csection for a bit. And when our other child was horn he slept with me too. Noone said a word. Not like we were going to be having sex lol just bonding time with each other and our new baby
nurse1997
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

yes you can and no you wont get in trouble congrats  ;]

Crazylife1994
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM

My husband slept next to me. The doctors and nurses didn't care.

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM

My boyfriend cuddled with me for a little bit during the day after I had our son and we watched spongebob. I didn't get in trouble.

baby7810
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
If i had a normal delivery he prolly would have, but we had a c-section so we did not do that, same with this time
elkmomma
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM

We did and no one said a word...except smile when they took our pic.

DebnDrew
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM

after my cs with my son I had a single bed and dad had a plastic sofa to sleep on. He was so miserable, but I told him it couldn't be as bad as THAT, so since he couldnt fit in the hospital bed with me, I squeezed up next to him on the plastic sofa with our little guy in the crook of my arm and we slept that way.......and the nurses yelled at me for risking my staples popping.....oh well, it was worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Just don;'t get caught sleeping with the baby-I got nailed for that a few times.

lilblu399
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I stayed in the hospital 5 days twice the hospital didn't have an issue since I had my own room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM
He could have but it was just easier for him to sleep on the pullout couch. With the nurses coming in to check me he had to keep getting out of the bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)