Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Not sure how to respond to this

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 31 Replies

so my husbands grandma came up to me at church when someone was talking to me about our sons upcoming heart surgery and she said in a very rude comment, dont feel sorry or pity for eli dont even worry if you want to worry about any child go to a childrens cancer ward there are children there they need someone to worry about them.

i just looked at her and couldnt even open my mouth if was so rude and hurtful, i just wanted to cry. she also thinks shes a know it all. the guy was saying how long they think his recovery will be and i told him it depends on his ability to swollow after the tubes that were in his throat because the dr told me that in babies this young they lose there ability to swollow and he just needs to learn again. she said no they dont its called sore throat he will be fine and the drs dont know what they are talking about after that i just walked away and told my husband i wanted to leave. she really hurt my feelings she has never been that rude to me and uncaring especially to her great grandson

Like my baby boys CHD awareness page https://www.facebook.com/CHDEliasPierceStory

by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GertieK
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry she said that, and hurt you.  That is the LAST thing you need right now.  I will be praying for you and your family, and most especially for your precious little boy - that God's hands will be on you and him and the doctors and nurses as they care for him.

Narwa
by on May. 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

ty we love getting prayers

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM

That is awful to say about any child especially family. I hope all goes well.

Narwa
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM

ty

Quoting cjsmom1:

That is awful to say about any child especially family. I hope all goes well.

Like my baby boys CHD awareness page https://www.facebook.com/CHDEliasPierceStory

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Ignore.
jessi2girls
Both kids are in school now..
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Wow.. just wow.. I would avoid her from that point on. 

surromama
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Wtf! What a biotch. Best wishes for your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Narwa
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:13 AM

ty guy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

What did your husband say about it?

cesol912
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry she did that to you..I have 2 grandsons that have heart issues..I will keep your son & your family in my prayers..Please keep us updated on him..I went to facebook and liked his page.You have a handsome little boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)