Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it OK for stepmom to shower with 5yo stepson?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I saw on the homepage where this woman was upset about her ex's girlfriend showering with her 5yo son. She was really upset that it was the girlfriend rather than the dad who showered with him.

At what age does it become inappropriate for parents, stepparents, or other caretakers to shower with a child of a different gender?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
beachlove512
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM

My brother in law still showers with his daughter. She will be 3 in a few weeks. I think it's a little weird but that's their decision, not mine. I still take baths/showers occasionally with my son but he's barely a year old so it's fine.

scarmechel
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:48 PM

If me and my husband got a divorce and he had a girlfriend I would not want them in the shower. That is just weird.

PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Uh, I wouldn't want my ex's gf to shower with my toddler girl, much less a 5yo boy. No, that's just... No.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:28 PM

ANY GF or BF showering with a child is Wrong Big Time Wrong ! I think children should only shower with parents. Then only until any of them do not feel comfortable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I showered with my kids till they were between 3 & 4. I wouldn't have let anyone else shower with them ever. 5 is to old even to shower with the bioparent.

PartyGalAnne
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM

uh NO!

When they are old enough to know the differences between boys and girls, that's when it stops.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I don't think it's ever okay for just a girlfriend/boyfriend to shower with opposite sex kid, but that's me.

redneckmama4
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM
She never should.
taylorbaler
by on May. 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I would be really upset if it were my child.

MomToDarienne
by on May. 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I'd be mad too. I'd say 3 or 4, but NEVER with a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN