Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Flight Attendants Banned From Wearing Red Lipstick & Nails?!

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:16 AM
  • 3 Replies

Flight Attendants Banned From Wearing Red Lipstick & Nails -- Which Will Obviously Mean Fewer Crashes

by Kiri Blakeley

A Turkish airline has decided to embrace more Islamic values by clamping down on the slutty overly made-up looks of its airline attendants. The airline has banned the use of red or dark pink lipstick or nail polish on its stewardesses. And thank Allah, because those attendants' lipstick colors were really a danger to the country's morality! Seriously, a good family man might see that and go crazy -- immediately cheat on his wife and rob a bank! Says the airline:

As a consequence of our current cabin uniforms not including red, dark pink, etc., the use of lipstick and nail polish in these colours by our cabin crew impairs visual integrity.

"Visual integrity" being another way of saying, "Red lipstick will send us all straight to hell!!!"

So what can the stewardesses wear? The airline wants them to be "artless and well-groomed, with makeup in pastel tones." Because nothing says "airline safety" like "pastel tones," amiright? Said one passenger:

I've never heard of a plane crashing because of women's lipstick.

You haven't?! Silly man. You need to get out more often. Well, I'm glad Turkish Airlines is concentrating on what's important. Hmm. I wonder what else the airline should ban. I'm thinking:

Tampons. We know what those evil sticks are all about!

Neck pillows. What do you need your neck comfortable for? So you can LIE DOWN? Dog!

Guns. Err. Hopefully?? Is this all about makeup?

Those little bottles of booze. We know that could lead to an all-out orgy!

Bruce Willis movies. No one wants to see those. Seriously.

Mascara. Do not flutter those fake eyelashes at me, harlot!

Orange lipstick. Because that's just ugly. Talkin' to you, J. Lo.

What else should we ban on airlines?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM

How about they ban those blankets? They're filthy and smelly even when they pull them out of plastic, so you know they just fold them up and shove them back in rather than having them washed between use. SO gross! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Red lipstick looks like a hooker on anyone. Yes, they can request muted tones.
PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:28 PM

That's so lame. How about those male pilots regulate their dirty thoughts and focus on flying the damn plane?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)