Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Chat Here! What's on your mind today?

Let's Chat!

What are your plans for today? Are you finally having warmer weather?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and tell us what you're thinking about or doing today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

how are you

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Replies (101-110):
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM

You're in a hot area as well. When I first heard Beautiful Creatures I though it must be in the series of All Creaatures Great and Small about a Veterinarian, which my dgd is reading now! lol. Aren't they making a movie of Beautiful Creatures?

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I hear ya. It's the same here in the Dothan, AL area, too.

I'm reading the 2nd Beautiful Creatures book right now and hoping hubby gets me the 13th and final Sookie Stackhouse novel for Mother's Day. ;)

Quoting SweetLuci:

Yep, I shouldn't complain about the rain, we needed it, and it brought cool weather, which I am enjoying, usually it's already very hot-close to 90's, this time of year.

I reserved The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat and a couple of others that were recommended in the Cafemom Bookaholics group.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I hate it when the weather's bad for a while, too. I wilt like a flower without the sun, even though I burn like a vampire if I stay out longer than 5min, lol. What books did you reserve?

Quoting SweetLuci:

We finally have nice weather after a couple weeks of horror. I'm not used to being without sun. Going to the bank later, grocery store, library to pick up some books I reserved,  then to pick up a new ink cartridge, and a late lunch with DH.

ratnesh123
by on May. 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM

hi

sunflower37
by on May. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM

No plans for today but tomorrow the boys and me are going to see a movie. It's a beautiful day out 84 degrees.

sun

DeidreIsAMommy
by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
She's 9 months :) and adorable beyond belief hahahah

Quoting Cafe Steph:

LOL! Hey, don't knock it - at least he's thinking of you! ;)

It is easy to overlook ourselves when taking care of the kids and their needs, though. How old is she?

Quoting DeidreIsAMommy:

Well.. lol. I suppose I am doing just fine. The warmer weather did come in.. but it is of course... raining a lot this week. I have school.. and this Friday my SO is taking me to get new shoes. Seems my daughter is spoiled... but I have old things lol

narumi74
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Hi, everyone and yes we are finally getting a beautiful weather yesterday and today. it is in the mid 80s and the sun is out! Have a great wk and wknd everyone! :)

cyrosado
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Hi

kgalvano
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM

well today it poured rain here and hailed. that made the ballgame for my middle child cancelled. im waiting for the 22nd when i have to take a placement test for college that i am nervous about.

cesol912
by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:19 AM

We will all know today.We meet at the funeral home at 2

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I'm so sorry. Death is hard enough to handle but adding that to it just has to make things worse. I hope you're able to figure something out.

Quoting cesol912:

He didn't have any.As for church he didn't go to one.So I was told to call DFACS.My children are going crazy.

Cora
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM

It's a family favorite we got out of a recipe book - Spicy Shepherd's Pie. I changed it up to make use of some other leftovers, though, so in addition to the ground beef, diced tomatoes, and Mexicorn in it, it had broken up taco shells and leftover country gravy in it, too, which really added to the flavor. I love that I can whip that up fast, bake it fast, and yet it serves my family of 4 for 2 meals. :)

Quoting dandylynes:

I love me some shepherd's pie though, but you're right, nachos are better :)

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Oooh, nachos sounds yummy! We're having shepherd's pie for dinner which has a Mexican flair, but nachos would be better, lol.

Quoting dandylynes:

It's a bit cloudy here, 70° so at least it's temperate.  I've been having nachos on the brain today.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 10, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Yes, they made a movie of Beautiful Creatures with Jeremy Irons and Emma Thompson in it. I think they plan to make movies for the rest of the books, too.

Quoting SweetLuci:

You're in a hot area as well. When I first heard Beautiful Creatures I though it must be in the series of All Creaatures Great and Small about a Veterinarian, which my dgd is reading now! lol. Aren't they making a movie of Beautiful Creatures?

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I hear ya. It's the same here in the Dothan, AL area, too.

I'm reading the 2nd Beautiful Creatures book right now and hoping hubby gets me the 13th and final Sookie Stackhouse novel for Mother's Day. ;)

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN