Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Chat Here! What's on your mind today?

Let's Chat!

What are your plans for today? Are you finally having warmer weather?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and tell us what you're thinking about or doing today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

how are you

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Replies (91-100):
mamabear0791
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I do, too. I love teaching these interns, but I don't feel like I have the qualifications to teach students with disabilities. I am always trying to find a new method, and always looking for new activities, new tasks to teach them. the majority of my day is spent learning new activites that I can use in the classroom, and I am always a lesson or two behind where they should be (at least).

Quoting Cafe Steph:

That's awesome. I hope you succeed at finding something closer to your licensed field. :)

Quoting mamabear0791:

I teach anything that has to do with work and life skills. I am licensed to teach English, and I'm trying to get into a position that is closer to that.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Sounds like a good, busy day with a relaxing ending.

What do you teach?

Quoting mamabear0791:

We are supposed to have thunderstorms today, and I'm working at my computer getting as many lesson plans as I can proofed for addition to my portfolio. I also have to update my resume, check on the student/interns, teach a class, have lunch with my mom, and send my mentor a letter about references and the hunt for a new job. 

This evening, it's supper with my hubby, and relaxin' in the back yard (if no one is mowing in the neighborhood - silly allegies).

nurse1997
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Hi steph how are you ?? Not much going on off today did some yard work ,planted a few flowers, I have been running around my daughters  prom is this Sat so making sure we have every thing  ;] 

cesol912
by on May. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

He didn't have any.As for church he didn't go to one.So I was told to call DFACS.My children are going crazy.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Aww, that's so sad. I'm sorry for her loss. I haven't heard of that but is there a way to ask for donations through his/her/your church or something?

Quoting cesol912:

Well normally I would not say anything...BUT here I go...On May 6 (my birthday)my daughter called me.She was crying so hard it was hard to understand her..She told me that her daddy was dead..So all my kids got together with me and we went to her house to be with her..Now this is what eating me up...He had life insurance and he still isn't cremated..None of my kids or I have the money to pay for this even if we splitthe cost 6 ways..My question to you all is. Has anybody heard of a pauper grave cites? Thank you all. He was 51.

Cora
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM

It's good that you keep trying and I'm sure they appreciate all that you do for them. :)

Quoting mamabear0791:

I do, too. I love teaching these interns, but I don't feel like I have the qualifications to teach students with disabilities. I am always trying to find a new method, and always looking for new activities, new tasks to teach them. the majority of my day is spent learning new activites that I can use in the classroom, and I am always a lesson or two behind where they should be (at least).

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

how are youI'm doing pretty good - busy, but good busy. How about you? My youngest has a solo this weekend for a competition and I'm nervous for her (she plays alto sax). How exciting that she's going to prom! Does she love her dress?

Quoting nurse1997:

Hi steph how are you ?? Not much going on off today did some yard work ,planted a few flowers, I have been running around my daughters  prom is this Sat so making sure we have every thing  ;] 

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I'm so sorry. Death is hard enough to handle but adding that to it just has to make things worse. I hope you're able to figure something out.

Quoting cesol912:

He didn't have any.As for church he didn't go to one.So I was told to call DFACS.My children are going crazy.

nurse1997
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh ya she likes it shes going with her boyfriend hes a senior ,my oither daughter is graduating 8 th grade so we needed 2 of every thing ugh so much money LOL  Its nice outside no rain yet I hear its coming I hope it past us i,m  loving the sunshine and warm weather ;] 

Quoting Cafe Steph:

how are youI'm doing pretty good - busy, but good busy. How about you? My youngest has a solo this weekend for a competition and I'm nervous for her (she plays alto sax). How exciting that she's going to prom! Does she love her dress?

Quoting nurse1997:

dandylynes
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM

It's a bit cloudy here, 70° so at least it's temperate.  I've been having nachos on the brain today.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Oooh, nachos sounds yummy! We're having shepherd's pie for dinner which has a Mexican flair, but nachos would be better, lol.

Quoting dandylynes:

It's a bit cloudy here, 70° so at least it's temperate.  I've been having nachos on the brain today.

dandylynes
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I love me some shepherd's pie though, but you're right, nachos are better :)

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Oooh, nachos sounds yummy! We're having shepherd's pie for dinner which has a Mexican flair, but nachos would be better, lol.

Quoting dandylynes:

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN