Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Need advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Hello, I am 31 and have a underarm odor problem. I shower and put deoderant on but a few hours later I smell bad. I tried drinking more water, just about every womens deoderant and antiperspirant I can find, I tried using rubbing alcohol to clean them, and even tried dh deoderant. Any suggestions on what I can do? I am so embarrassed by this problem.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nurse1997
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Hi doll have you tried extra strength from the doc ? You can get it over the counter now !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Quoting nurse1997:

Hi doll have you tried extra strength from the doc ? You can get it over the counter now !

No, never heard of it. Does Wal-Mart sell it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Have you tried to change your diet ? Sometimes that can help. Try a vegetarian diet for 30 days and see if it helps. Center and focus most of your diet  around frozen or fresh fruits & veggies. Cut out milk, soda, and artificial sweeteners. (yogurt is fine, real cheese in moderation ok too)

Start an exercise program that really works up a sweat. Yes I know sweat stinks, take a shower as soon as you finish. This will help clean your pores and over a few weeks you'll smell sweeter on non-workout days.

Also, check the products you are using. Some shampoos and soaps don't smell good on certain people because of their individual chemistry. Kinda like the same perfume might smell good on you but bad on a friend and visa versa. (sp?)

Hope that helps some. :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I didn't think about my diet. I don't exercise either. Thank you for your suggestions. I will try changing my diet and what is a good workout to start with?

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you tried to change your diet ? Sometimes that can help. Try a vegetarian diet for 30 days and see if it helps. Center and focus most of your diet  around frozen or fresh fruits & veggies. Cut out milk, soda, and artificial sweeteners. (yogurt is fine, real cheese in moderation ok too)

Start an exercise program that really works up a sweat. Yes I know sweat stinks, take a shower as soon as you finish. This will help clean your pores and over a few weeks you'll smell sweeter on non-workout days.

Also, check the products you are using. Some shampoos and soaps don't smell good on certain people because of their individual chemistry. Kinda like the same perfume might smell good on you but bad on a friend and visa versa. (sp?)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Any type of workout will work as long as it gets your heart rate up and makes you sweat. Running, jogging, aerobics, biking, stationary bike, even dancing in your living room with kids will work.

Even a brisk walk if you sweat will help, if you need to, wear sweat clothes when you do it so you'll sweat. Just make sure that while you're doing it, if you feel unwell or discomfort you should stop. Make sure you stay hydrated, drink water before, during and after.  Try 15 - 20 minutes to start and slowly work up to 30 and then 45 minutes every other day. (3 - 4 days a week) Please be sure to get a doctors ok first and to make sure you don't have any underlying health problems before you start.

Just try to choose something that seems fun and will work up a sweat and have fun. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't think about my diet. I don't exercise either. Thank you for your suggestions. I will try changing my diet and what is a good workout to start with?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Any type of workout will work as long as it gets your heart rate up and makes you sweat. Running, jogging, aerobics, biking, stationary bike, even dancing in your living room with kids will work.

Even a brisk walk if you sweat will help, if you need to, wear sweat clothes when you do it so you'll sweat. Just make sure that while you're doing it, if you feel unwell or discomfort you should stop. Make sure you stay hydrated, drink water before, during and after.  Try 15 - 20 minutes to start and slowly work up to 30 and then 45 minutes every other day. (3 - 4 days a week) Please be sure to get a doctors ok first and to make sure you don't have any underlying health problems before you start.

Just try to choose something that seems fun and will work up a sweat and have fun. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I do love to dance. Maybe I should hook up the Kinect and try out some of dd's dancing games. Thank you so much. You have been a great help.

Fjamrkr
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Botox your pits.
Jk.
Walmart sells extra strength deodorant.
Stephd710
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Botox. Lasts six months and stops the sweating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)