Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you let your children do this??

How many moms let their kids play outside alone and unsupervised? There are a ton of kids on my block that play outside after school until well after the sun sets and they're all 10 and under. Is this safe? Do you agree with this? Do you let yours play outside alone like this?

by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Replies (71-78):
JustBreath2013
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Yes, my 6,7 &10 yo can be outside unsupervised.....we have no neighbors.....my ten yo can go anywhere in the neighborhood...he has a cell phone and time to be in.....the younger two must stay in the yard.
Cindy18
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM

It all depends on your neighborhood. 

Yes, I let my kids play outside with me in the house at around 6 or so. I live on a deadend street and until they were about 10 they had to stay on the deadend.

2monstersmommy
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I am just starting to let my 3 and 4 yo do it! We have no neighbor kids, and I am related to all 4 of the houses on our street! We have a huge yard, and they boys don't leave it!. I open all the windows, and doors so I can see and hear everything, and check on them every 7 minutes! :)

Stephd710
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Well mine are only 2, so no they dont go outside without me. 

SugarMamaO76
by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Not just no, but HELL NO. My oldest is only 7, however, NEVER will they be allowed to just run outside unsupervised. Not EVER. I have them TRAINED. We will be driving down the street and my son will be having mini heart attacks over all the kids he notices out and about w/o a parent. I'm thankful they understand why I'm so friggen PSYCHO about that kind of thing. 

ShadesOfBeauty
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I never did. I was always outside with them, or my husband was. That was years ago, and even then you could never be too careful!

deadlights86
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I would but I'm afraid of the old farts that live around me calling cps.

newwifenmom
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:36 PM

No but he's 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)