Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its not okay and it cant wait, this needs fixed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

My son is the only two year old that my boyfriend has been around. He has no experience with children what so ever other than mine. I waited a long time before introducing them to be sure I wanted him in my life before letting him into aidens ( my sons ). He will definantly be in my life for a long long time, but he needs some adjustments concerning aiden. Trying as hard as he seems to be I am giving him the benefit of the doubt but I cant get over the lack of positive interaction. He is slowly getting better; joining us for trips to the park, zoo, ect. He interacts with him more now. When he is over he seams to just correct him constantly though. Its more "aiden, no!" And less cheerful smiles and playful gestures. Isnt that human nature to be playful with children? Its not bad enough to be a deal breaker considering he is slowly improving. How do I approach this with out being offensive or rude?

let me clarify, if he isnt disiplining he isnt interacting AT ALL. im not just out looking for a "replacment daddy" this is the first man ive ever brought around him. i care for this man greatly. he has stated he WANTS to be in OUR lives and was fully aware for months before we even decided to become a couple that i would never commit to anyone who couldnt care for my son as well. i dont intend to leave, i think this can be fixed. my question is how do i approach him with out saying something along the lines of "quit being a hard ass 24/7 your going to make him hate you". 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kattu
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Why is he correcting him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Not for anything out of reason but to the extent he does it. To answer your question: when he throws something, climbs on something, getting into whats "off limits" ect

Quoting kattu:

kattu
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I guess I'm not sure what the issue is. If he is correcting him for things that need to be corrected, then I would allow it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not for anything out of reason but to the extent he does it. To answer your question: when he throws something, climbs on something, getting into whats "off limits" ect

Quoting kattu:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Exactly. What is the big deal unless you are not into correcting your child.

Quoting kattu:

I guess I'm not sure what the issue is. If he is correcting him for things that need to be corrected, then I would allow it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kattu:

AJsMom81507
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

My son is the only two year old that my boyfriend has been around. He has no experience with children what so ever other than mine. I waited a long time before introducing them to be sure I wanted him in my life before letting him into aidens ( my sons ). He will definantly be in my life for a long long time, but he needs some adjustments concerning aiden. Trying as hard as he seems to be I am giving him the benefit of the doubt but I cant get over the lack of positive interaction. He is slowly getting better; joining us for trips to the park, zoo, ect. He interacts with him more now. When he is over he seams to just correct him constantly though. Its more "aiden, no!" And less cheerful smiles and playful gestures. Isnt that human nature to be playful with children? Its not bad enough to be a deal breaker considering he is slowly improving. How do I approach this with out being offensive or rude?

no it is not.. referring to red.... i really cant stand other ppls kids... esp ones that do not listen.  my kids are far from perfect, but i do NOT expect everyone to interact with them like i do or DH or family

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Very true.

Quoting AJsMom81507:

Quoting Anonymous:

no it is not.. referring to red.... i really cant stand other ppls kids... esp ones that do not listen.  my kids are far from perfect, but i do NOT expect everyone to interact with them like i do or DH or family

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM
But thats ALL he seems to do. Its too much negative, im not sure how to enforce (for lack of a better word) positive
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM
It sounds as if you let you let the boy do whatever he wants with no limits and the boyfriend doesn't like it. It's a mans nature to be the disciplinary. So if he sees him doing bad things he should stop it since you aren't going to. Where is the child's father?

Quoting Anonymous:

But thats ALL he seems to do. Its too much negative, im not sure how to enforce (for lack of a better word) positive

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Consistant discipline is needed today. Inconsistant discipline is the reason we have so many brats today. Once your kid learns he won't need to be corrected every few minutes.

Quoting Anonymous:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM
You can't expect him to love your child. I'm sorry, but you can't. You can hope that he would, but that doesn't mean he ever will. A lot of people would cringe at the thought of going zero to toddler in no time flat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)