Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If you found out your teen was dating someone 30 yrs older than them....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 172 Replies
1 mom liked this
What would you do if you found out your teen was dating someone 30 years older than them? ...at 15? And then found out that the person they were dating..was actually someone YOU knew?? What if they said they were in love? and you could tell they meant it? for instance sake, the girl will be the teen and guy will be the adult.. what if he took care of her? What if she was like the child from hell, but since being with him, has been extremely well behaved? okay, what if you didn't know any of this was going on? Until the child turned 18 and told you they've been together since 15? Would you still call the cops? ...if that was your original solution?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM
12 moms liked this
Jail. It is absurd even at 18 or any age to date someone 30 years older.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM
bump!
dtm1491
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM
32 moms liked this

If she was 15, I would be calling the police ASAP. If she was 18 and was dating him since she was 15 they would be calling the police on me because I would beat him to a bloody messy pulp.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM
21 moms liked this

If she still has a bed time, she's too young for you bro!

avasmama1375
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Is this a real situation or just hypothetical?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM
hypothetical

Quoting avasmama1375:

Is this a real situation or just hypothetical?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM
5 moms liked this
Who would ever wanna date someone 30 years older? Ewwwwwww. These celebrities that do it are gross.
GertieK
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't have to do a thing.  My husband would have a one-on-one with the guy.  At fifteen, she has no idea about what she is feeling, and her life would become different.  At fifteen, you should be the one still making decisions about how much freedom she has, etc.  Life as she knew it would change.  At fifteen, feelings change in the blink of an eye and she would get over it.  It wouldn't matter to me how pissed off she got with me, I am still the mom and dad is still the dad.  PLUS, this would be something law enforcement needs to know about.

gammie
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Obviously it's wrong, but if my daugther is not going to listen and may run away I would threaten him will jail time if he has sex with her and take lots of pictures of his home, car and him.  I would use him to make sure she does well in school and can never take her out but will have to come to the house if he wants to see her. My ass will be with them 24/7 until she is 18.

A friend of the family let their 15 year old daughter date her swimming teacher and at 18 she married him. It just felt wrong and he looked like a guy I would not trust. Only time will show if he goes after another young girl? He is a teacher!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2013 at 7:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't be able to do anything because my husband would have already buried him deep in the woods!!!! My dh is almost 9 years older than me, but 30 years difference seems completely wrong. A man that old dating a young girl is just creepy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN