Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

florists are the devil!! UPDATE!! second update!

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM
  • 33 Replies

Mobile Photo

I wanted to do something special for Mom this Mother's Day, especially since she's been sick and just got out of the hospital, so, instead of getting her flower arrangement at the grocery store, I ordered from Pro flowers.com. It was an arrangement of live plants with roots, potted in a pretty basket. It arrived in a cardboard box, and was obviously mishandled, and had been carted around upside down at some point. I wish I had photographed it before my dad did his best to fix it, but I have some photos of after he tried to fix it. Also, there's a leaf that has a big hole chewed into it from a bug of some sort.

UPDATE! We called this morning, (mother's day), and they were very nice and apologetic on the phone and gave me a 50% refund, and are also sending her a new arrangement today, so, if that one arrives in good shape, I'll be happy

The new ones arrived looking much better. Now my Dad has planted them in front of the house, since he has so many plants, now. :-) .
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loisl25
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Mobile Photo

kitty8199
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd still send that picture. Didn't look good (sorry).
I'd demand them overnight something you can give your mom Tuesday (since you won't be about to do anything until Monday).
Explain to your mom what happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loisl25
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Yeah I emailed a complaint. Dh thinks we should call.

Quoting kitty8199:

I'd demand them overnight something you can give your mom Tuesday (since you won't be about to do anything until Monday).

loisl25
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Bump!
kitty8199
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM
You should

Quoting loisl25:

Yeah I emailed a complaint. Dh thinks we should call.

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Call them & explain what happened
loisl25
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Yeah, but then I'd have to go back to Mom and Dad's to get the order #. I'll call Monday if they haven't emailed back by then.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call them & explain what happened

DropZoneMom
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM

DEFINITELY complain.  I've used Pro-Flowers multiple times -- only once did I have to complain (they left my mother-in-law's flowers in her ice-cold garage when she wasn't home, and they froze).   They gave me a full refund, AND replaced the flowers (for free).

loisl25
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM
O.k., I hate to resort to this, but I'm gonna change my title so more people will click on this... as soon as I think of a good one.
loisl25
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, that didn't work. Maybe I should find a way to exploit 504 in my title. Like, say she gave me a makeover or that she and I just made out. Then everybody would be all, "Yay!! First page!!" And stuff...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN