Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you have a dog?

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  • 29 Replies

Odd question. What kind of dog and what do you feed him? WHat does it cost a month. I keep trying to switch my dog to a better brand a food, blue buffalo and he literally was starving himself and begging for water to fill up on. I know the brand we have now is no good and want to change him but he is very picky, very smart, and not afraid to go a few days with a couple nibbles of food, we tried 1.5 month on BB and he hates it.

by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yorkie with only half her teeth (she's old)
Science diet canned right now. When she had teeth wee bits by solid gold.
Tiffanydshives
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM
We have a yorkie..4 months old. He eats science diet puppy. Its about 37.00 a bag buts its a big bag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saharra
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Canadea (I think that is how it's spelled) is very good. Solid Gold (ha! Great name for a dog food!) is a good brand. Old Motger Hubbard is another one.

I have a GSD/ACD mix and he has to be on a very cheap dog food because none of the name brands don't carry something he is allergic to (corn, chicken, soy, potatos). Most have chicken or potatos. Most cheaper brands have soybean product in them.
He MIGHT like BB if you get a different flavor? I don't know. I know it is a good brand though. Check the websites of the different brands and see if you can get samples sent to you free to try. Sometimes they will send them to make sure your puppy likes them.
EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I have 3 dogs. Lab, Weimeraner, Border Collie. I do not buy the food, hubs does, I don't know what it is. We supplement with duck eggs, and veggies, and sometimes meat, fish oil, and diotomaceious earth.

When my dogs were sporting and competing, I gave them a high protein food.

romanceparty4u
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Canidae.

And they will eat it eventually. You can't just throw it at them, you have to mix for a while, and cut the old out when adding the new to their bowl.

Pricing is a buck or two more than BB

GirlWithANikon
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I did mix it and he left the kibble from the BB in the bowl. We tried for 1.5 months.

Quoting romanceparty4u:

Canidae.

And they will eat it eventually. You can't just throw it at them, you have to mix for a while, and cut the old out when adding the new to their bowl.

Pricing is a buck or two more than BB

wingsfan1234
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM

we have a hound mix with us and a chihauhau/beagle mix at my moms (she aslo has a rotweiller)  but they ALL get a cheap food 90% of the time.. the other times they'll get a little better food but we always supplement with meat, veggies, etc

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

auntangelofsix
by Angel on May. 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM
We have two toy poddles and we feed them anything we can buy that it is on sale.
Marion27
by New Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM

i fed my puppy merrick grain free, he too despised blue buffalo

anj2mom
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Here's what wr did when we got our german shep from my BIL's parents. She was used to a mix of eukanuba (?) And kibbles n bits but we cant afford the top brand. So we bought iams and put a little scoop of kibbles n bits n it for a month. Then we stopped using kibbles n bits completely and now she just eats iams. They will eat if they get hungry. Just give it time. I kno it's hard. Sometimes to get her belly goin I'd give her a slice of deli meat or 1 dog treat and that'd get her n the mood to eat. GL!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN