Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Why are people so uptight?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I saw the post about the sunbathers at the park and have read a lot of other posts, too, that really make me wonder why people are SO uptight about everything today? Seriously. If you don't like someone sunbathing at that park, take your kid somewhere that sunbathing isn't allowed. If you don't like someone breastfeeding in public, go somewhere that it's not likely you'll see a nursing mom. Stop trying to force YOUR beliefs and values on other people. In the grand scheme of things, if the person isn't doing something dangerous that could actually hurt you, your family, themselves, or other people, then why the hell does it bother you so damned much?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asistartomosh
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Because some people think they own the world.
EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM

The next town over from me is an ocean town. A very 'artsy' town. And it's known as such. There is an art studio downtown. Every kind of art you could imagine, and all from local artists (local meaning within the state). There is some nude art there as well. Well apparently someone saw it, which led others to go check it out, and they raised a ruckus, all over the news. WTF...Obviously, fine art, is NOT out on the sidewalk. It's also not in the windows where the sun could damage it. If you don't like it, why would you go in there. They were appalled because of their children. Why are you letting your children walk around by themselves on Main Street? Have these parents informed their children of what's under their clothes?

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this
1.Sunbathing in a playground isn't allowed in NYC since you need to have a child to even be in the playground. It wasn't central or Prospect Park they were in, it was a kid's playground. It is completely understandable that parents didn't want half naked people laying on the tarp around where their kids run and play. The parents and kids take precedence here, not some self entitled college students who shouldn't be there in the 1st place. I don't care if you sunbathe at the park, I'd join you, but don't raise hell and complain when you are asked to leave. Its not a beach, its a playground and you aren't even supposed to be there in the 1st place.

2. I don't expect to see a nursing mom at clubs/restaurants, clothing stores, the movie theater, and other places where people typically don't bring babies but they seem to be there. I have left restaurants and have left bills for the breastfeeding person. I won't stay in a restaurant when I am gagging and vomiting. I have more respect for the other patrons than to ruin their meals like that.
coreys_mommy
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM

funny, i just read the post about the sunbathers, and then commented that i thought it was wrong to shove your own opinion down someone else's throat. but, bitches will be bitches...

coreys_mommy
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM

that is really stupid. if it wasn't in plain view, then they really can't say anything. i wouldn't take my kids to an art studio anyways... they might ruin something!

Quoting EireLass:

The next town over from me is an ocean town. A very 'artsy' town. And it's known as such. There is an art studio downtown. Every kind of art you could imagine, and all from local artists (local meaning within the state). There is some nude art there as well. Well apparently someone saw it, which led others to go check it out, and they raised a ruckus, all over the news. WTF...Obviously, fine art, is NOT out on the sidewalk. It's also not in the windows where the sun could damage it. If you don't like it, why would you go in there. They were appalled because of their children. Why are you letting your children walk around by themselves on Main Street? Have these parents informed their children of what's under their clothes?

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this
You are a prime example of the entitlement generation!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I don't get people who get so upset like that. I could see if it were sitting out on the street or something, but if it's inside, away from windows, who cares? And, like you said, kids should know what's under their clothes and understand that the human body is a beautiful thing.

Quoting EireLass:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I can get that it's not okay for them to sunbathe in a playground, but it's just not that big of a deal so long as they're wearing something. I mean, I see people walking around wearing less than some bikini-wearing sunbathers do.  Do you think a nursing mom shouldn't be able to shop or leave her home just to suit the likes of you?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

1.Sunbathing in a playground isn't allowed in NYC since you need to have a child to even be in the playground. It wasn't central or Prospect Park they were in, it was a kid's playground. It is completely understandable that parents didn't want half naked people laying on the tarp around where their kids run and play. The parents and kids take precedence here, not some self entitled college students who shouldn't be there in the 1st place. I don't care if you sunbathe at the park, I'd join you, but don't raise hell and complain when you are asked to leave. Its not a beach, its a playground and you aren't even supposed to be there in the 1st place.

2. I don't expect to see a nursing mom at clubs/restaurants, clothing stores, the movie theater, and other places where people typically don't bring babies but they seem to be there. I have left restaurants and have left bills for the breastfeeding person. I won't stay in a restaurant when I am gagging and vomiting. I have more respect for the other patrons than to ruin their meals like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Oh, marchant, marchant, you just will never understand the irony of the statements you make sometimes.

Quoting marchantmom06:

You are a prime example of the entitlement generation!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)