Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I hate when kids run free in restaurants - does this bug you, too?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have no problem with kids being kids, making some noise, but running around the tables, taking food off other people's plates, and just generally going wild? No way.

My family and I went to a restaurant recently, and while it isn't a fancy place, it isn't exactly targeted for small kids, either. This 5 or 6yo grabbed food off my husband's plate and shoved it in his mouth before he went under the table and started screwing with my feet?

I can't stand it when parents let their kids run free like that in a public place.

Does this irk you, too?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by Nicole on May. 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I'd be pissed. People need to control their kids. If you can't, you need to order your food to go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Hate it. Parents don't parent today. Saw brats crawling in and out of tables on the floor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BestestMom11
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM
4 moms liked this
Who lets their children run free in a restaurant? For that matter, anywhere that isn't a park, or facility (like Gymboree) that is designed for children TO run free?

They should be sitting at a table eating, or holding mommy's hand to leave. Not running around. How rude.
EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I usually grab them. That makes the parents so angry that they don't let their kid escape after that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Yes it bothers me. I'm a server. Once a little boy came running around the corner and knocked an older server off her feet. She ended up just bruised up but the kid took off in the other direction and the parents didn't even get up.
bamababe1975
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes! I can't stand that!

marmie41
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM
6 moms liked this
I would have sent the bill for DH's food to the parents or I would have taken his plate to the parents and told them "since your child apparently likes my dinner more than his own he can finish it becausw he haD his little hands in my plate taking my food."
Roo1234
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I can't think of a time when I have ever encountered this kind of behavior.
captainjack
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Yes i would be very upset

greycrittermom
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I am not sure what i would have done - it would take a bit for me to get over the surprise/shock!
What i would like to do is strike up a friendly conversation w the child, tell him i do not appreciate what he did, explain why it is not cool, then return himto his parents w my plate. After that, explain to server/manager so i don't have to pay for what i don't get to eat. Maybe then the manager will ask them to get control or leave.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)