Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I hate when kids run free in restaurants - does this bug you, too?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have no problem with kids being kids, making some noise, but running around the tables, taking food off other people's plates, and just generally going wild? No way.

My family and I went to a restaurant recently, and while it isn't a fancy place, it isn't exactly targeted for small kids, either. This 5 or 6yo grabbed food off my husband's plate and shoved it in his mouth before he went under the table and started screwing with my feet?

I can't stand it when parents let their kids run free like that in a public place.

Does this irk you, too?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Replies (111-114):
RockyMtnMom14
by on May. 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Yes it does.  What irks me even more is when I tell the kid(s) to behave themselves and stop fooling around I get an attitude from the parents.  I'm like if you are not going to discipline your kids I will before they get hurt or hurt somebody else. 

I don't understand those parents who won't step up when their kids are misbehaving in public.

happydays62
by on May. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I think that it is ,or should be the parents responsibility to discipline their child in  a public restaurant . Or they should leave the place if their child is miss- behaved . They should be told about their child's behavior if they had just left for a second ,or two.  I would just confront the child's parents.  And as if they could ask their child not to take people food from their plates. Unless they were ask by the other customer(them -self) . And then I still wouldn't take (that is just not right period).

KymmLisa4
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM

This is a horrible pet peeve of mine and when my children were small they learned to sit at the table and act like a little lady and young man.  However, I have a problem that I don't know how to deal with.  I tried to be somewhat blunt, but I got the these are my kids I'll raise them the way I want.  It's my daughter and her three kids, my grandkids, who I'd do anything for, but take them to a restaurant.  They roam around the table eating off everyone elses plate, we call them little Helen Kellers obviously not in their parents prescene.  But then after that horrible behavior they run around screaming while the parents just ignore them.  My parents of 85, me who is their grandparent and my sister all cringe when we have a family dinner out.  They are the greatest kids in the world and I had a talk with the 7 year old and she now sits with me and doesn't get up and act wild  I just don't know what else to do!  My daughter is extremely headstrong, like her father, and thinks I know nothing about raising children. Mine would have been disciplined at first sign of misbehavior, is this something new or am I over reacting?

KymmLisa4

25beengoodtome
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I've been in plenty of restaurants where there's kids roaming freely. grabbing food off people's plates? NO. I'd be forced to do some hand slapping. Steal my fries? Not happening!

~Marie; yeah, girls.... we  wanna have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN