Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do any of you ladies use the IUD and how do you like not/not like it?

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hello guys! I am 21 years old and i want to know if any of you ladies have used the IUD and how do you guys like it? Which one do you have? I have heard good and bad about it and i am trying to make my decision. Wether i stay off the pill and use condoms or go with the IUD. 

by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saharra
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I had the Mirena, and it was nice... But it fell out within 6 months. It was so annoying! It was supposed to last 5 yrs. I gave up and had an endometrial ablation done as well as coils put in. I'm done having kids :) I was having other issues then just birth control though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I have the mirena and i like it. I have had it a year and half. I am thinking about getting it taken out soon cause i have been having pains and stuff the past few months and they can be very painful at times. But other then that i like it.
mommysangelface
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM

i have the mirena and i love it. 

no complaints

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I love my  mirena iud!!!!!! i had a lot of problems with birth control pills  so i had my first IUD placed after my oldest ds was born. i had another placed after my second son was born and there are no real prbolems with it at all. It can mess with your periods a little but that is really the only downside i have with it. Now i will tell you that my husband hated it at first because the strings were left to long and would poke him during sex. he said it felt like i had put a razor blade up me....hahaha! once i went back and had the strings clippped everything was fine and i have had no problems since.

-42-
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Ditto.

I'm on my second one.

Quoting mommysangelface:

no complaints

mommysangelface
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I haven't been on it a year!

But I'm not using it to prevent pregnancy. Lol

Quoting -42-:

Ditto.

I'm on my second one.

Quoting mommysangelface:

no complaints

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sfigu16
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Can you get it if you have never had children?

klind523
by New Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM

You can only get the iud if you have has children, I have the one that goes in for 10 years LOL i love it. its like the commercial- set and forget it. 

inked_mommy07
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I had the Mirena for 5 years. I loved mine! I had no problems with it what so ever. I had no periods after about 2 months. and never had a pregnancy scare either. I just had it removed a few months ago and it was a smooth process. Now my periods are back to normal..I know some woman have had problems with theirs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM
No.... Some docs will put it in before. Others will not. Look up all the pros/cons before doing it though. There are a lot! Also, if you loose weight you may have to have it replaced. If it falls out, you still have to pay for it. If it perforated your uterus, you still have to have emergency surgery, and lastly- it does have side effects (I was horribly mean on mine until it came out! And I ate a TON! Weight gain is a side effect).
But, if you are comfortable with it, go for it.
There are also Depo shots. I really have an issue with those too. I tried them and did them for a couple years and decided I wanted to get pregnant. It took us 3 yrs after getting off the shot to be able to get pregnant because they mess with your cycles so bad. Basically, if you can monitor your cycles yourself, that is best off, but if you cant, make sure you find out all the pros and cons :) Good luck!

Quoting sfigu16:

Can you get it if you have never had children?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)