Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Anyone know about child custody

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 11 Replies
(Posted in other group but didn't get many replies)

Previously me and the father made a joint custody agreement were we would switch off every week having our son. It hasnt been going like that since we made the agreement. I have my son and his dad will have him for a weekend maybe once a month just because he never contacts me to see him more.Well, yesterday out of nowhere my sons fathers mother (sons grandma) called and asked to take me to lunch to discuss something major anout her son.... apparently ahe just found out that my sons father is a heroin addict.... and has been using for the past 9 months. I am so pissed, because he has deffinitly had my son over night in the past 9 months and I had no idea he was high...what if my son grabbed a needle!!?? Anyway, I want to file for sole custody, and maybe give his dad scheduled supervised visitation... am I able to file if I have no phone number or forwarding address for his father?

by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
princesskt
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:11 PM

How do you get in contact with him to carry out the custody arrangement and/or communicate with him?

Jademarae24
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM
He used to have a phone and a home before everyone found out about the addiction. But that's what I'm trying to figure out. Because the last time I tried to change the custody agreement I had to have the poloce serve jim with the court order. Soooo how can I do it this time if I have no way of getting that to him.
momoffour628
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM

youre going to have to have him served just went through this today they couldnt do anything til hes served so we had wait another month for me to find address or #

Jademarae24
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I frel like that's going to be impossible to find him....
MomRocs1102
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:58 PM
You should be able to file, I just hope everything works out in your favor.
Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 17, 2013 at 6:02 PM

You're going to have to have him served after filing for emergency temporary custody first. At that time he can contest and that's where you would sue for full custody with him having supervised visits. 

mom2priceboys
by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Doesnt him mom know where he is? Can't you have him served when he comes to pick up the baby? Why would you let anybody take your child whhen you do not know where they are staying or how to reach them? Not being a bi**H I dealt  with an addict with my first son and he would not go with his dad if I did not know he was gonna stay with his sister and I could call thhere at any time!!!

dom3269
by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM
i dont think you can file witho having him served first. Whay state are you in?
Sarah32882
by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM

You can serve him by posting  notice in the newspaper if you can't find him. I had a similar situation with my ex but his problem was alcohol and pills and his new gf was a drug addict... They kept getting evicted. When I heard from about their problems from his family I called a lawyer. The lawyer  I spoke to said I could either spend the money  for a lawyer and file myself or refuse visitation if need be and explain why I didn't want him with him if he bothered to take it to court. He dropped out of sight and  I haven't heard from him since. Call the juvenile court to check specifics on how they want him served.

Jademarae24
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM
He had a hpme and a phone so I did know where he was taking my son. He lost everything in the past week. I did not know untill a couple days ago that I had to worry about my son going with him cause he was an addict.

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Doesnt him mom know where he is? Can't you have him served when he comes to pick up the baby? Why would you let anybody take your child whhen you do not know where they are staying or how to reach them? Not being a bi**H I dealt  with an addict with my first son and he would not go with his dad if I did not know he was gonna stay with his sister and I could call thhere at any time!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)