Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

am i wrong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Who is right

Options:

you, do what you have to do

mom, stay on pa and unemployed

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

Ok. I lost my job while i was pregnant. Took that time to finish college. I'm having a hard time finding a job with the economy.
So i was offered a serving job. Not my field but its income.

I've been at my moms. She is livid. She wants me to stay unemployed until i find something in my field. I've been unemployed for two years.

She is pissed because i will get less food stamps. I say so what. I'll have a job, income, and can always look while I'm working.

Who's right? Me for taking what i can until i find better and getting off pa, or my mom saying hold out stay on pa, even though it's only food stamps. So i have zero money to live on.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Do what YOU want to do, not what your Mom thinks you should do. I'm assuming that she gets food from you, right? Is that why she wants you to stay unemployed? If so, that's wrong. If you want to take the server job until something better comes along, then by all means, do it! Shame on your Mom!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM
That's exactly what it is. She says if we lose the food stamps, i have to leave her house.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do what YOU want to do, not what your Mom thinks you should do. I'm assuming that she gets food from you, right? Is that why she wants you to stay unemployed? If so, that's wrong. If you want to take the server job until something better comes along, then by all means, do it! Shame on your Mom!

MelissaPhillips
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Mobile Photo

You should be proud & so should your mother. There are many who do not try & find the easy way out. That job will come, that door will open when the time is right. I commend you on your effort!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Ha, my mom be proud? She didn't even want to help me finish school. She world complain about watching my child for a few hours a week so i could go to class.

Quoting MelissaPhillips:

Mobile Photo

You should be proud & so should your mother. There are many who do not try & find the easy way out. That job will come, that door will open when the time is right. I commend you on your effort!
MelissaPhillips
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I'm so sorry. You know my mom was the same way & still is. I had to accept years ago that is just the way she is. I decided that I wanted things differently with my children. I love my mother, but I'm just different. So, be proud of you & your children will be too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ha, my mom be proud? She didn't even want to help me finish school. She world complain about watching my child for a few hours a week so i could go to class.

Quoting MelissaPhillips:

Mobile Photo

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM
You're right, but if you're living in her house I don't really think it matters. Take the job and stay long e ouch to be able to move out. It sounds like the best option all around. You could always keep looking for something in your field while you're working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM
That's what i plan on. Any income is better than none.

Quoting polkaspots:

You're right, but if you're living in her house I don't really think it matters. Take the job and stay long e ouch to be able to move out. It sounds like the best option all around. You could always keep looking for something in your field while you're working.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Good. I hope you enjoy your new job!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what i plan on. Any income is better than none.

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I know that's how she is. It's just depressing to have an unsupportive mom

Quoting MelissaPhillips:

I'm so sorry. You know my mom was the same way & still is. I had to accept years ago that is just the way she is. I decided that I wanted things differently with my children. I love my mother, but I'm just different. So, be proud of you & your children will be too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MelissaPhillips:

Mobile Photo

dtm1491
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You are. Not only was I a server for 10 years before I had my dd. I was during 9 months of pregnancy and after. I made good money. If you hustle you can too. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)