Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

am i wrong

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Who is right

Options:

you, do what you have to do

mom, stay on pa and unemployed

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

Ok. I lost my job while i was pregnant. Took that time to finish college. I'm having a hard time finding a job with the economy.
So i was offered a serving job. Not my field but its income.

I've been at my moms. She is livid. She wants me to stay unemployed until i find something in my field. I've been unemployed for two years.

She is pissed because i will get less food stamps. I say so what. I'll have a job, income, and can always look while I'm working.

Who's right? Me for taking what i can until i find better and getting off pa, or my mom saying hold out stay on pa, even though it's only food stamps. So i have zero money to live on.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Replies (21-24):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I'm sorry to say this, but that is horrible of your Mother! I've read a lot of the other things the gals have said and what your responses were, and your Mother sounds a lot like my Mother. Except for the food stamp part, because I never got them. Maybe you should do what I did and walk away and never look back! I wish you lots of luck with the job you're going to take and in finding the job in your field of study! Hugs, Mama. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's exactly what it is. She says if we lose the food stamps, i have to leave her house.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do what YOU want to do, not what your Mom thinks you should do. I'm assuming that she gets food from you, right? Is that why she wants you to stay unemployed? If so, that's wrong. If you want to take the server job until something better comes along, then by all means, do it! Shame on your Mom!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM
My bf is military so if we get married, we're moving. He wants to go back to Germany next assignment.
Can't get much farther than that

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry to say this, but that is horrible of your Mother! I've read a lot of the other things the gals have said and what your responses were, and your Mother sounds a lot like my Mother. Except for the food stamp part, because I never got them. Maybe you should do what I did and walk away and never look back! I wish you lots of luck with the job you're going to take and in finding the job in your field of study! Hugs, Mama. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's exactly what it is. She says if we lose the food stamps, i have to leave her house.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do what YOU want to do, not what your Mom thinks you should do. I'm assuming that she gets food from you, right? Is that why she wants you to stay unemployed? If so, that's wrong. If you want to take the server job until something better comes along, then by all means, do it! Shame on your Mom!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM

That would be awesome! I think you'll be a lot happier being away from all of the negativity. Good luck! 

Quoting Anonymous:

My bf is military so if we get married, we're moving. He wants to go back to Germany next assignment.
Can't get much farther than that

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM

So, your mother would rather you not take the job you can get so you can get more food stamps? 

That's what's wrong with the world today. 

She is wrong. 

You should take whatever job you can for now and continue looking. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN