Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How can I make the baby stop grinding her teeth!?

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 19 Replies
My 13 month old only has seven teeth so far, but I've noticed her grinding them on a few occasions. It sounds awful, like she might chip them! I don't know how to get her to stop! All I've been able to think of so far is to put my finger in there, and then, of course, I get bit, but that seems better than her breaking her teeth!
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEY1307
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM
My 6 yr old grinds his teeth and so does my husband. It's only at night. My husband has to wear a mouth piece when he sleeps and my son is about to get a mouth piece made.
CrossStitchMum
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:00 AM

My 9 mnth old does this and so did my other 3, as soon as they get the first tooth on the top gum, they realise it makes a noise against the 2 on the bottom. ugh, yeah it sounds awful but they do forget about it after a bit

CrossStitchMum
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:03 AM

just wait until she realises that it feels funny to stick her fingers down her throat. All mine did that at about 2 yrs, and you'll be driving along in the car and gagging nioses will start in the back seat LOL, lucky its just all phases, and they understand better when you say 'no!' at 2yrs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 19, 2013 at 3:05 AM
"The baby?" Wow.
opinionatedmom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Not always my 24 yr old and his dad do it in their sleep. It's an inherited gene and neither have chipped their teeth .

Quoting CrossStitchMum:

just wait until she realises that it feels funny to stick her fingers down her throat. All mine did that at about 2 yrs, and you'll be driving along in the car and gagging nioses will start in the back seat LOL, lucky its just all phases, and they understand better when you say 'no!' at 2yrs

bayliesmommy
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:07 AM
That was the worst phase ever...

Quoting CrossStitchMum:

Bookoholic
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Ds did this till i got his tonsils and adnoids removed. He didnt start the grinding though till he was about two and he would do it all the time. We found out grinding theeth can be related to sleep apena. It drove me bonkers. So glad its over. Not saying anyones child has sleep apena but that grinding teeth can be related to it. Sleep apena is also genetic.
JasonsMom2007
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this
My son's dentist says it's normal and unless the teeth show signs of wear just ignore it
loisl25
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Eeek! I would HATE that!

Quoting CrossStitchMum:just wait until she realises that it feels funny to stick her fingers down her throat. All mine did that at about 2 yrs, and you'll be driving along in the car and gagging nioses will start in the back seat LOL, lucky its just all phases, and they understand better when you say 'no!' at 2yrs
bellaamore
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM

You find out, let me know. My 17 month old has 20 teeth and grits them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)