Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How can I make the baby stop grinding her teeth!?

Posted by   + Show Post
My 13 month old only has seven teeth so far, but I've noticed her grinding them on a few occasions. It sounds awful, like she might chip them! I don't know how to get her to stop! All I've been able to think of so far is to put my finger in there, and then, of course, I get bit, but that seems better than her breaking her teeth!
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Replies (11-19):
bellaamore
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Quoting loisl25:

Eeek! I would HATE that!

Quoting CrossStitchMum:just wait until she realises that it feels funny to stick her fingers down her throat. All mine did that at about 2 yrs, and you'll be driving along in the car and gagging nioses will start in the back seat LOL, lucky its just all phases, and they understand better when you say 'no!' at 2yrs
My daughter has been gagging herself for about six months now. It sucks.
PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM

My DS did that when he was about that age. It drove me absolutely insane! Aggh, the sound was just horrible. One day he just stopped doing it. I had tried telling him it was naughty and giving him teething rings and such, but nothing worked. He was just waiting until he was good and ready to stop.

SJG1013
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM
My daughter did that, drive me nuts! she is now 19 months and has stopped. When did she stop i don't know but she did lol.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM
I just tell him to stop and put my finger in his mouth. He hasn't hurt himself doing it and he stopped doing it as much since he doesn't like having my finger in his mouth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I think everybody refers to babies as "The baby" every once in a while.

Quoting Anonymous:

"The baby?" Wow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loisl25
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I don't get why that's a problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

"The baby?" Wow.

Eve-marie
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM
At her age it's normal. She just realized she can make that noise, get that pressure. It's just a stage. For older kids at night it's a sign of worms or other intestinal discomfort.
witchybabymomma
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:37 PM

My son is almost 3 and does this and it is so loud. I asked the dentist and was told it's pretty common and they usually outgrow it before their permanent teeth come in

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM

You really can't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)