Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the mom.....

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 22 Replies
9 moms liked this

To the mom who's breastfeeding: Way to go! It really is an amazing gift to give your baby, for any amount of time that you can manage! You're a good mom.

To the mom who's formula feeding: Isn't science amazing? To think there was a time when a baby with a mother who couldn't produce enough would suffer, but now? Better living through chemistry! You're a good mom.

To the cloth diapering mom: Fluffy bums are the cutest, and so friendly on the bank account. You're a good mom.

To the disposable diapering mom: Damn those things hold a lot, and it's excellent to not worry about leakage and laundry! You're a good mom.

To the mom who stays home: I can imagine it isn't easy doing what you do, but to spend those precious years with your babies must be amazing. You're a good mom.

To the mom who works: It's wonderful that you're sticking to your career, you're a positive role model for your children in so many ways, it's fantastic. You're a good mom.

To the mom who had to feed her kids from the drive thru all week because you're too worn out to cook or go grocery shopping: You're feeding your kids, and hey, I bet they aren't complaining! Sometimes sanity can indeed be found in a red box with a big yellow M on it. You're a good mom.

To the mom who gave her kids a homecooked breakfast lunch and dinner for the past week: Excellent! Good nutrition is important, and they're learning to enjoy healthy foods at an early age, a boon for the rest of their lives. You're a good mom.

To the mom with the kids who are sitting quietly and using their manners in the fancy restaurant: Kudos, it takes a lot to maintain order with children in a place where they can't run around. You're a good mom.

To the mom with the toddler having a meltdown in the cereal aisle: they always seem to pick the most embarrassing places to lose their minds don't they? We've all been through it. You're a good mom.

To the moms who judge other moms for ANY of the above? Glass houses, friend. Glass houses.

by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Edited by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SeabeeWife2011
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I thought breast feeding would be so easy for me and my baby but he never seemed to quite take on to the boobs. I tried every day every time he was hungry. 5 min at most and then it was to the pump. Then he fed more than what I could produce and he ended up with formula....post partum blues didn't help either :(
Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM

trust me I understand... I nursed my oldest until he was 6-7 months.... my youngest I had to stop at 3 weeks because he had Breast Milk Jaundice due to a defiency in my breast milk :( I slipped into post partum so fast and it was out of control. 

Quoting SeabeeWife2011:

I thought breast feeding would be so easy for me and my baby but he never seemed to quite take on to the boobs. I tried every day every time he was hungry. 5 min at most and then it was to the pump. Then he fed more than what I could produce and he ended up with formula....post partum blues didn't help either :(

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

BestestMom11
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I LOVE this post.

:-)
Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM

BUMP!

Momof0710
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for such a positive post!  

Gabrielle1982
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM

LOVE IT!! NEED MORE POSITIVITY AND ENCOURAGEMENT LIKE THIS ON HERE!  Being a mom is not an easy job!  I haven't even had my kid yet and it's hard, lol.

CafeMom Tickers
ambertreas76
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:30 AM

This made my day!!!  It was nice to look at a post filled with compassion !!!

dalbax2
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM

BUMP!

LuvMyBoys09
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I loved this!
muchlovedby4
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Saw this on my fb feed the other day. I was having a crappy day and it made me smile. The same thing just happened again. Thanks, momma.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)