Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Threatening to take away carrots?

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:38 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this
My three and five yr olds have to share a room. With summer here it is brighter longer during the day and I have found the ONLY way to make them sleep at night is to threaten to take away their carrots for the following day. Seriously. They don't eat candy all that often because I don't like giving it to them anyway (and I have one that doesn't like chocolate all that much anyway). So, I take away carrots. They LOVE veggies and they would eat them all day every day if I would let them (which is not a bad thing at all!). But I find it awesome that we have to take away good food to get them to sleep. Anyone else have to take away something healthy to get your child to do something? My MIL and mom think I'm crazy, but it works :)
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:49 AM
I told my 3 yo I was going to eat her banana if she didn't stop throwing her toys down the stairs. I threaten to take Ds's apples all the time, but he's only one and wouldn't care even if I was threatening to cut his limbs off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BluePandaDreams
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:35 AM
I don't use food as a form of punishment, personally. If I take anything away, it's usually a toy or privilege.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Wish my kids loved carrots

dalbax2
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Love it!  Never heard of it before but hey.....if it works that's all that matters.  No different than taking away a toy laughingor a special privilege.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)