Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should young kids be on Facebook?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister's 9yo son has a Facebook account and he's had the account for a couple of years now.

Do you think young kids should be on Facebook, even if their parents okay it and let them lie to get around the 13yo age requirement?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Replies (41-48):
da808gypsy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Heck no!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Nope, some of the crap people put on there is not for my childs eyes. Heck some of the stuff I put on there I wouldn't let my dog look at it, let alone my kid.

flywifey86
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:13 AM
No way is it appropriate for a child that young. I there are so many inappropriate status updates and people "like "the grossest things so it pops up on my news feed.
trendy2
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I don't think most kids should be on the Internet period. Nothing really good on there for them to see. My 14yo SD is allowed just for school with supervision and that's it. Did the same with my other two SD who are 20 and 21. My DH and I are just mean I guess. She doesn't have a cell phone either. Neither did the other two.
Alta2008
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM

No I don't think they should til thay are 18... reasons for rules... :)

Dqnana
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM

No No No No No.  Absolutely NOT!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM

IMO 9 years old is not old enough for any social media accounts. I allowed it at 16 for my older kids and there was just so much drama with it. My youngest son now is 13 and will not be allowed to have one until he is 18. I have seen accounts for children that are newborns and some for pets. SMH

bleedingheart8D
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM

No,no and NO! My son(age 11) has an gmail account and I that I can go on and his grandma is his friend,so if he says any swears or inappropriate, she will let me know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)