Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Formula is second best and you're a bad mom if you use it.

Posted by   + Show Post

So often I hear that statement on Cafemom and out here in the real world too. Yes, we all know that breast is best. But do you know what else is best?

Cloth diapering

Homeschooling with a really enthuthiastic parent who has loads of money and a Phd in Education

Organic produce grown in your own backyard

Cage free eggs from your chicken coop

Meat that's been hunted and killed humanely in the wild with bows and arrows on a week long hunting trip.

Clothing that's been weaved from the cotton you grew yourself and from the animal skins you previously hunted.

I write this to you, as I sent my breastfed and formula fed, disposable diapered (when it was convenient) daughter off to public school, after feeding her a breakfast of caged eggs.

Acknowledging that I give my kids second best doesn't make me a bad mom. It makes me a practical one.

by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Replies (81-82):
paganbaby
by Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I only added that part because of the backlash I was getting. I do agree that HS is better.

Does your dh stay home with ds in order to homeschool him? That's my son's plan in life. He's 8 now but he said when he's a grown up he's going to be a stay at home dad and homeschool his boys,lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree with the homeschooling part. My son is homeschooled, he has tested higher then any of the kids in our public schools. He also gets plenty of socialization and he plays many sports. I have to admit though, if I was the one homeschooling him, he probably would flunk out, good thing his dad is an awesome teacher.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 2, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes my son's father works from home so he is able to do school with him.  My son is 7 and his life goal is to become a famous soccer player. That boy loves soccer.

Quoting paganbaby:

I only added that part because of the backlash I was getting. I do agree that HS is better.

Does your dh stay home with ds in order to homeschool him? That's my son's plan in life. He's 8 now but he said when he's a grown up he's going to be a stay at home dad and homeschool his boys,lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree with the homeschooling part. My son is homeschooled, he has tested higher then any of the kids in our public schools. He also gets plenty of socialization and he plays many sports. I have to admit though, if I was the one homeschooling him, he probably would flunk out, good thing his dad is an awesome teacher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)