Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should I give this guy his money back?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay, so a few months ago my dh let's this 37 yr. old guy stay in our home in our spare bedroom, because he was living with his mom and they weren't getting along. Well, this guy is messed up mentally (no...seriously) and can't hold a job or keep any friends because he has anger issues. (Yeah, the type of guy you want in your home with your wife and kids, right?) anyway, he was supposed to stay with us until he got on his feet, then he was to move out. Well, my dh told him that he would have to give me some money each month to help with the bills and groceries. (Reasonable, right?) so he gave me a $100 2 months in a row, then the next month bought $40 worth of food and no money, then on the 1st of this month he gave me $100 and promised to help out with last months electric bill ($40) and he bought $50 worth of food. He had been complaining each month about not having any money (he gets money from the VA as well as disability each month). Last month, I found out that he was asking my 17yr. Old ds where he could buy himself some pot because his "dealer was out of town". My son immediately came to me and told me what he had asked...so I confronted him with it (yeah, I went off) and he said that he needs it to keep him calm and would never bring it inside of my home. I told my dh about it and he said as long as he doesn't have it in our home blah blah blah. I told my dh that it was time for him to leave because all he did all day was sit around my house while my dh was at work, and I felt uncomfortable having him here and listening to him make excuses of why he won't get a job and all. Well, my husband had a talk with him and about 1 1/2 weeks ago he got himself a job as a car salesman. I was happy to not have to deal with him all day and he'd finally make more money and be able to move out. Well, This past Saturday night he came home from work all excited about making a sale and how he was gonna get $950 in commission and all and we were happy for him and rejoiced with him for doing so well. Now, that same evening, he approached my 17 yr. old ds again and this time asked him where he could get some coke and that the pot just wasnt doing it for him and that hes been doing 5g a week and that nobody understands what he goes through mentally...blah blah blah. So my ds told my dh about him wanting to buy and that the guy was doing cocaine. My dh flipped his lid and immediately told the guy to pack his sh*t and get out of our house. He respoded with "what i bring a little coke in your house and youre gonna do me like this?"  Realizing that my husband was extremely pissed off, the guy left and has been texting my husband demanding that we Western Union him $90 because he didnt stay in our house for the full month of May. He is calling my dh and I, cut throats (I'm not even sure what that exactly means) and said that we did him wrong.  He told my dh that he has to sleep in his car and can't even get a shower anywhere because he's broke. (He just go 1500 on the first of may and he has no bills)(If he has no money how is he buying the coke? How was he planning to buy more?) we let this man sleep in our home, eat our food, use out Internet, watch our cable, use our electricity, wash and dry his clothes here with my laundry detergent, and wipe his butt with the toilet paper that I bought. I don't think I owe him one dime. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (31-36):
Sphindile
by on May. 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't worry you do not owe him a cent at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I think if giving him $90 would get him to shut up and go away, I would do it.  If you think he won't shut up and go away, then I wouldn't give him anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Indent!
IansMom0821
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't give hin a dime, but the next time he text I would tell him to stop harrassing you or you'll go to the cops about him soliciting your minor son for drugs....
nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not give him anything.  $100 per month is cheap.

I have never rented so I may be wrong, but I don't think that any apartment complex would give him his rent back, maybe only the security deposit.  

MrsPeterkin
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't give him a penny! Forget him!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN