Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home made food?

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM
  • 4 Replies

I prefer making my own baby food, I just don't trust the ones I find on the market, who knows what they really contain? I'm just being careful with choosing the right solids for my LO, and this is my solids assistant: http://goodmomming.com Do you make your own food?

by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cowgirls10181
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Dd ate soft foods and i mashed them at the table, like mashed potatos, sweet potatos, squash, some green beans, and others similar. Hasnt had baby food and is now 18 months old.
LivinDeadGurl
by on May. 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Nope. I bought the jarred stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I did homemade.  It's not that hard.  I worked full time and still did it with no problems.  I did it for both quality and cost.  I couldn't see spending 50 cents for a jar of banana baby food when the same 50 cents would buy a pound of fresh bananas.

I also didn't buy any special equipment, just did it "old school" the way my Mom and Grandma did.  Some things I just mashed or pureed what we were having for dinner (took out his serving before adding salt, etc).  Or mashed at the time of use (bananas, etc).  Other things, I cooked on the weekend, puréed and put into ice cube trays.  Then I put the cubes into a ziplock bag.  This worked well for things like sweet potatoes, peas, green beans, zucchini, carrots, apples, etc.   

My kid has always been a great eater.  I know that a big part of that is because his first taste of peas, green beans, etc. was fresh and green and delicious . .  . not some gross gray stuff from a jar.

Good luck!

newwifenmom
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:02 AM

We did both

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)