Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Home made food?

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM
  • 4 Replies

I prefer making my own baby food, I just don't trust the ones I find on the market, who knows what they really contain? I'm just being careful with choosing the right solids for my LO, and this is my solids assistant: http://goodmomming.com Do you make your own food?

by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cowgirls10181
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Dd ate soft foods and i mashed them at the table, like mashed potatos, sweet potatos, squash, some green beans, and others similar. Hasnt had baby food and is now 18 months old.
LivinDeadGurl
Starting a new job next month! So excited!
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Nope. I bought the jarred stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I did homemade.  It's not that hard.  I worked full time and still did it with no problems.  I did it for both quality and cost.  I couldn't see spending 50 cents for a jar of banana baby food when the same 50 cents would buy a pound of fresh bananas.

I also didn't buy any special equipment, just did it "old school" the way my Mom and Grandma did.  Some things I just mashed or pureed what we were having for dinner (took out his serving before adding salt, etc).  Or mashed at the time of use (bananas, etc).  Other things, I cooked on the weekend, puréed and put into ice cube trays.  Then I put the cubes into a ziplock bag.  This worked well for things like sweet potatoes, peas, green beans, zucchini, carrots, apples, etc.   

My kid has always been a great eater.  I know that a big part of that is because his first taste of peas, green beans, etc. was fresh and green and delicious . .  . not some gross gray stuff from a jar.

Good luck!

newwifenmom
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:02 AM

We did both

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)