Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think its selfish

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

for a woman to get her tubes tied when she is the one who gave birth? It would be fair for the man to get fixed sense the woman is the one who gives birth. Unless she wants to get them tied.  what are your thoughts on this? Of course to each their own, im just saying

Join Adorable Ladies Group, where women can have free uncensored conversations, and discussions minus the bashing and drama. 

www.cafemom.com/group/118542

by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Depends on the couple. Neither one of us did either.
storkradio193
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM

It's a personal decision for a couple.  Your logic makes sense, but each couple must make their own decision.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

TugBoatMama
by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Whatever works for them. I wanted to do it because it was made more sense financially, and I didn't have to miss any work for it because I'm a sahm. My dh works out of town so having him do it would have been less convenient.

Marimaru
by Sarah Joy on May. 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM

My husband and I have both decided against either of those.  I don't want to get my tubes tied, and he doesn't want to get snipped, so I'll just stay on birth control.

IansMom0821
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
If your married it is a mutual decision....period.
IansMom0821
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Sorry my phone cut me off lol. My hubby wanted to get snipped so I wouldn't have to go through anything else (tough birth and pregnancy) but it just made more financial sense for me to have mine tied. I think either way depends on the couple, but if you are monogomous it doesn't matter who does it.

Quoting IansMom0821:

JC2223
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM

DH and I decided together for him to have a vasectomy. It was easier, less invasive, less side effects and complications for him to have the procedure than for me to have my tubes tied. I had also been taking BC for way too many years and needed to get off them.

sunflower37
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I had mines tied for medical reason after the c-section of my third son.

IansMom0821
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Sorry my phone cut me off lol. My hubby wanted to get snipped so I wouldn't have to go through anything else (tough birth and pregnancy) but it just made more financial sense for me to have mine tied. I think either way depends on the couple, but if you are monogomous it doesn't matter who does it.

Quoting IansMom0821:

momto3B
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM

If I had to have a c-section with my son, I was going to get my tubes tied while I was open, if not it was on him. 

He felt fine after a bit with an ice pack. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)