Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Why do so many people name their kids this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The name itself doesn't bother me, in fact I think its cute. But it's soooo overused and I just wonder why so many pick it, If they think its unique or something. I have 4 family members with these names for their kids, at least 7 friends who've named their kid some version of this name, plus there's hundreds of celebs naming their kids this! Not to mention the amount of CafeMom moms kids.

And I'm sure some will take offense to this, especially people whose kids have such names, but I'm not being mean, I'm simply asking why. I'm truly curious to know what made you choose this. And if all you have to say is "I don't care what other people name their kids, why do you?" Or "it's none of my business what other people name their kids" etc, then just don't comment at all because I'm JUST CURIOUS. I'm shocked that people continue to name their kids this after they already know tons of people IRL who've used this name.

Brayden, Braylin, Peyton, Paylin, Caden, Calen.
(Other spellings used too obviously)

Update: I rest my frickin case people! Out of 200 replies there are 17 Braydon's, 12 Aidens named that and 8 mentioned as known, 5 Jaydons, 1 Jeyton, 1 Caylin, 1 Caden,
7 Payton's, 1 Breylin.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Replies (291-292):
momofpreemieboy
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Their are already 7 grandchildren LOL.
Quoting dorothycapalit:

Big families used to be the norm .

some parents think 2 kids is the ideal number.  They want to give their kids more things.

what could be more invaluable , especially as you get older.

You will have lots of help when you get older.

your kids will always have each other , and their kids will be so lucky to have so many cousins

i have 4 and would have had more if  I had gotten an earlier start and had a laid back spouse

Once a lady at a bakery informed me  that I had enough children.   I had 4 kids at the time:

newborn, 2 , 4, and 6.      Doro

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

I also have 8 bio children + 4 stepchildren and one on the way. My eight are named in order Charles, Sean, Angelica, Courtney, Bethany, Joseph, Devin, and Donald. I love those names and do not care who else does. The stepchildren are Anthony, Allyssia, Kaitlyn, and Robert. The baby should he or she be in fact a girl she will be named Samantha. Haven't got a clue yet for a boys name. LOL. So most likely having another boy. LOL. Oh well no matter the sex I'm done. I will be home schooling the youngest 2 as they are the only ones left at home the others are all grown up. You're as brave as I am. Big families are so few and far between now a days.

Quoting kcangel63:

LOL! Nope. I stay home and homeschool them. I go crazy some days. I love being with them though. They are awesome!

Quoting Anonymous:

Jesus. Idk how the hell anyone does that. Do you have a nanny

Quoting kcangel63:

Yeppers. Soon to be 9.

Quoting Anonymous:

You have 8 kids?

Quoting kcangel63:

Maybe they like the names. I didn't name my kids according to what others liked/didn't like.

I have a Sadie, Hannah, Abigail, Brigham, Moses, Rebekah, Jacob, and Joy.

I want my next to be Ruth if a girl. No boy ideas yet.

I don't give a hoot what others think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:09 PM
And how was I supposed to know that when a mom who named her kid named ayden said it means FIREY

Quoting Anonymous:

Aidan/Aiden means little fire, not firey.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that what Ayden means, firey? That's a cool reason though, you guys liked the definition. Most people nowadays who name their child something "trendy" don't even know the meaning of it. But you're right, Ayden only recently got popular.

Quoting whatmynameagain:

My son is Ayden which is also used a lot but when we named him I knew no one with that name. Dh and I named him Ayden bc WE liked the name and it fits him..."firey"

Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN