Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much would you pay?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

So, how much do you pay a summer babysitter?! Two days a week (max), two kids ages 4 and 6. babysitter also has kids, and we provide food. What's a reasonable amount?! Is $10 normal, or is that more than you would pay, or less than you would pay?! Babysitter in question is a single mom who has been out of work at least a year now. Not saying anything bad about her, mentioning that because we try to help her out as much as possible since she's been without work for so long.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberlynn
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Babysit two kids for two days plus she provides their food? I'm a little confused on what your asking about the price. I mean, will $10 be for each child, which would mean $20 a day ($40) for two days? Or, pay her $10 total for watching two kids for two days? Do you know what I mean? Sorry. LOL!
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM

$10 to 15 hour. If she takes the kids places you should pay for your kids and the gas.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 4:28 PM

oops, sorry!!! WE would provide the food/snacks. we have to take them out to her and go pick them up (which isn't a problem, just providing details!! and she lives out in the sticks! lol!). $10 total an hour. it'd be all day. she has her two kids, and I think is keeping one or two other kids some as well.

Quoting Kimberlynn:

Babysit two kids for two days plus she provides their food? I'm a little confused on what your asking about the price. I mean, will $10 be for each child, which would mean $20 a day ($40) for two days? Or, pay her $10 total for watching two kids for two days? Do you know what I mean? Sorry. LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM

she's not taking them anywhere, at least not for them! haha! if she goes anywhere, it' d be for her, and she'd just throw our kids in the car. If I even mention paying gas for her to go somewhere, oh no!! she'd milk that!! lol! she'd be going places all the time just to get gas money! hahahaha!! I love her to death, she's a dear friend, but she's a moocher. I mean, this girl goes on more vacations than any WORKING person I know, cuz she knows how to get free stuff and trips from people by weazling her way in. haha!! I really say that with zero meanness, jsut stating a fact. She knows how to get what she wants for free, so, yeah, I won't be offering to pay for gas unless I suggest she take the kids somewhere. but we always are very giving when it comes to her. so, again, not even trying to be stingy. just wondering if that's what is normal these days. It's been a long time since I've babysat for an income!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

$10 to 15 hour. If she takes the kids places you should pay for your kids and the gas.

Kimberlynn
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
In that case, I think $10 would be fine. : )

Quoting Anonymous:

oops, sorry!!! WE would provide the food/snacks. we have to take them out to her and go pick them up (which isn't a problem, just providing details!! and she lives out in the sticks! lol!). $10 total an hour. it'd be all day. she has her two kids, and I think is keeping one or two other kids some as well.

Quoting Kimberlynn:

Connerz1985
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:43 PM

40 dollars a week is fine, .. I mean if it's like 8 hours a day, 10 dollars for each kid, so 20 a day is 40 for the week. 

Stephd710
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I'd say $50 a week.  Its just 2 days and you are taking all their food and stuff.  I pay my babysitter $25 a day for my TWO kids and she provides food!  I just have to take diapers.  

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Would you watch 2 kids 8 plus hours a day for $20 day ???????

Quoting Connerz1985:

40 dollars a week is fine, .. I mean if it's like 8 hours a day, 10 dollars for each kid, so 20 a day is 40 for the week. 

connie45
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM

No less than $15.00 per hr for 2 kids. 

dalbax2
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I would say 75.00 is a fair price for 2 days a week since you are providing your kid's food and snacks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)