Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

HAVE YOU SEEN ME? Please open missing child alert! ***UPDATE 6/30/13***

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:54 AM
  • 165 Replies

My cousin's daughter Elaina Steinfurth disapeared from her East Toledo (Ohio) home Sunday 6/2/13 around 2:30pm. She is 18 months old, has blue eyes and was last seen wearing orange shorts with flowers. Anyone with information concerning her whereabouts is urged to call Toledo Police at 419-936-8995 or Crimestopper at 419-255-1111.

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/22481101/child-missing-in-east-toledo

Update 6/6/13

Elaina is still missing! FBI, police, family, friends, and community members are still searching for her. Today Elaina's mother found two diapers right by the river that are the same brand and size that Elaina wears. Search will continue. Family have set up a command center for search efforts at the abandoned house down the street from where she disappeared. They have even been sleeping there at night. We pray for her safe return and appreciate the support.

Now to answer some questions. No I do not trust her mother or her bf. I have thought this all very suspicious since day one. She and I don't see eye to eye but I am hopeful we will find Elaina. I will update as soon as something new comes up. Please keep the prayers coming. Thanks ladies!

Update 6/9/13

Elaina has still not been found. Today was the first day police have not done anything to help find her. They have said there is no reason to do anymore searching since there have been no new leads. They are still patrolling the area but all other efforts are off. It breaks my heart as we are now at the one week mark since she was last seen. I'm afraid the police and FBI are giving up on finding her and it's so frustrating. A huge search party is being organized through the community for tomorrow. I'm still praying we find her. This is a real nightmare and so unbelievable.

Update 6/11/13

Search efforts on part of the police, fire department, and FBI have been suspended and remain that way. Sadly there have been no new leads and we are still searching for answers and information. Elaina has been missing 9 days now and it's heart breaking. I feel awful for my cousin and I'm truly scared for Elaina. I just want to see her home safe so badly. I can't believe this is happening. It just still doesn't seem real. Thank you ladies for your support. It means a lot. I would like to ask that you keep baby Elaina in your thoughts and prayers as well as her father and all of our family. Thank you so much and I'll update as I can.

Update 6/14/13

We continue to search for Elaina. As I'm sure some of you ladies have seen, Angela, the baby's mother, was arrested around 10pm on Wednesday for child endangerment. She is currently being held on $250,000 bond. It is said she knew the baby had sustained "serious injuries" and did not get her medical care or report it. Police aren't sharing much info as they are continuing their investigation and are keeping the info under wraps to maintain the integrity of the case. The next step in this case is to find baby Elaina. She is still missing and we are still searching. Here are a few more pictures of Elaina. If you know anything or have heard anything you are urged to call the FBI hotline at 1-800-CALL-FBI

Update 6/17/13

Sadly I wish I had better news. We still do not know the whereabouts of baby Elaina :( Search efforts have not stopped. Community searches have continued as police and FBI continue to follow any tips or leads they get. A new missing poster has been made and I will add that to the end of this post.Terry Sr. and Jr., Elaina's grandfather and father, will be appearing on Nancy Grace again tonight. We are doing all we can to keep Elaina's story front and center. We thank everyone for all of your support and prayers. They mean so very much. We are also so thankful for all the law enforcement and volunteers who have been looking for Elaina. Blessings to you all.

Update 6/30/13

I am so sorry I have not updated in so long. I have been kept very busy and in a way I have been thankful. It has been difficult as these days have stretched into weeks and now almost a month since baby girl disapeared. It is heartbreaking. Sadly the only update I have, besides the one a poster added about the jail house confession which has been unconfirmed though it is being investigated, is of the fisherman from yesterday. Yesterday a fisherman was fishing down under the high level bridge. He cast his line out about 10 feet and it snagged. When he managed to reel it in there was some hair on the end of his line. I have heard rumors that the hair is the same color as Elaina's though that has not been confirmed as far as I know. From my understanding, no divers will be sent to the scene to search until atleast Monday as they feel this is insufficient evidence. My emotions are a bit out of whack, as I would hope you understand, but I feel this is ridiculous. My Uncle said it best, we have hair, we have a missing baby, send out the divers already! I don't want to think that that is Elaina but I still wish they would send someone in there to be sure. I know it's not much to go off of but we have so little at the moment that we feel every possible lead should be thorougly investigated. That is the only update I have at the moment and I will do my best to stay on top of this post as best I can. Thank you ladies for all your prayers and support. They are more than appreciated. We just want Elaina home where she belongs!

by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bonitalilmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this

O god I haven't saw this cutie before(I don't live in Ohio so i wouldn't have), I hope someone finds her soon, that is a nightmare to any parent or guardian SMH, please please let her be safe. Everyone should paste this on their social networks fb or whatever you spend your time

Yurixsi
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Bump
JenD_77
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Bump
dblhlx
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Bump in hopes of helping you find this precious baby girl!
Sunshine257
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Bump
junebaby11
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Bump
504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiriis
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Bump.

gwebkeijmmm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 2:53 AM
:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Oh wow! 
Do they have any idea who may have taken her? The father?
That is so sad and I hope she's brought home safely and soon! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN