Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would you ever leave a sleeping baby home alone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 879 Replies
3 moms liked this

A friend of mine told me the other day she leaves her 9mo at home in bed alone while she takes her husband to work. He works 10min away so it's at least 20min that she's gone.

Would you ever do this? What would you do if you found out your friend did this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM
14 moms liked this
No way in hell.
Aubs1990
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Nooooo!!! What kind of Mom is she!

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM
3 moms liked this
omg NO!!!! what the heck is she thinking that is againt the law and she could get into alot of Trouble for it...
momofsunshine77
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM
10 moms liked this

no way.  Anything can happen.  I would rather wake up my baby and transfer to the car - which I have had to do many times.  LOL

jobseeker
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM
14 moms liked this

When my kids were small, my usband worked out of town for 2 or 3 weeks at a time.  In order to spend as much time as  he could with the family he would scheule his flight out at 6 am on Monday, he would be at the offices by 9 am.  Great for him, but that meant I had to put 2 sleeping boys in my mini van at 4 am to drive him to the airport 30 minutes away.  I got back about 5:15.  I confess, sometimes I left them in the van in the garage, if they were still asleep and go inside to shower and start breakfast for them.  

I remember a couple of times when my next door neighbor and I who had children in the same school and younger children, would take turns sitting in the driveways between our houses while the other went to schoolt to pick up the kids so we would not have to wake the babies from their naps.

whatmynameagain
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Never
Yikes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM
3 moms liked this
No. It is illegal too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM
8 moms liked this

No, I would never do that. That's just lazy. She needs to wake that baby up and bring her with them. 

Anything could happen in twenty minutes. 

Does she not realize, she can get the baby taken away for that? 

IloveNCIS
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM

No way in hell, so much can happen in 20 minutes.

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM
No. Because I wouldn't have a baby in my house in the 1st place. My friend leaves her brother home alone all the time (he's 3) and nothing bad happens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)