Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

swimming pools

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

What age is to young to have a small 2 or 3 ring pool set up for them..my dd is 1 dh says she's to young.. it's not like she's going to be alone around it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Heather101413
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I set my daughters baby pool up around 8 months.   As long as you are with her and she enjoys the water I don't see any problem with it

jemmyeve
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM
just keep an eye on her and she ll be fine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 is awesome. They get too big and grow up so fast. Your dh is too conservative. You are not gonna leave her alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:06 AM

thank you all and no i am not goinging to leave her alone

jdy9440
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Go for it, she will love it I bet. 

SWasson
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM

At 1, you need to be there all the time with her, but it's no big deal. Another option is to get a large laundry/dishwashing tub instead, since a 1yo can sit in that and splash around, play with cups, etc, and you'll never be tempted to leave it sitting out, full of water all day, because it fills in seconds. When she gets too big for it, use it to store toys, or to soak your feet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM

well i will not leaver her alone in or around it she never goes outside without me there and i got little fence to put around it..but i really appreciate ur idea but he went a head and bought one because we will have his other child this summer and she is 4 so it will be big enough for both of them

Quoting SWasson:

At 1, you need to be there all the time with her, but it's no big deal. Another option is to get a large laundry/dishwashing tub instead, since a 1yo can sit in that and splash around, play with cups, etc, and you'll never be tempted to leave it sitting out, full of water all day, because it fills in seconds. When she gets too big for it, use it to store toys, or to soak your feet.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM

We had our 8 month old grandson is a pool. He loved it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)