Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your honest opinion

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

of obese people?

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomRocs1102
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

bump

marchantmom06
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Wait we are suppose to walk around judging people on their looks? Seriously?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM

did i say you were suppose to?  I personally don't, its a simple question for a reason(i will explain) thanks

Quoting marchantmom06:

Wait we are suppose to walk around judging people on their looks? Seriously?

jdy9440
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Well I need to lose some weight and when I see really overweight people I feel sorry for them.

MomRocs1102
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM

thanks for your honesty.

Quoting jdy9440:

Well I need to lose some weight and when I see really overweight people I feel sorry for them.

nermall1102
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
2 moms liked this
That's quite the question there sweetie. I have a sister that is obese and shes only 23. She will be 24 this month. She was diagnosed last year with type two. Honestly it makes me cry. I raised her her whole childhood. I cry bc shes still under the influence of her bio mom. When shes with me she does fantastic but when shes around her bio mother she gets sucked in again and back tracks. I have quite a few obese ppl in my life. To me they are ppl that i love and wish hope and pray the best for. They are wonderful ppl who still deserve the best in life. To me size looks etc dont matter its truly whats inside that matters.
polkaspots
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:52 PM
They confuse me. My parents are thin, I'm thin and so is my sister. My grandmother was the only obese person I knew personally, and I knew the reason. Terrible health issues and medications. I'm twenty three and I still don't quite understand how people get to the point where they need to lose two hundred pounds to avoid dying. I was told as a kid that I would understand it when my metabolism slowed down after puberty, then they said I'd get it after I had kids. I've had two and I stopped growing about sx years ago. I still don't understand it because at 5ft3 I weigh 110lbs, and I've been gaining weight due to being in the beginning of my second trimester. So although I don't have an opinion exactly, I just don't understand how obese people become obese.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM

im sorry about your sister, and i hope she does better.  I myself am considered obese. The question was for me, not in any way was attempting to hurt feelings and make anyone feel bad.  thank you for your honesty and addressing the question the way you did.  I am having the hardest time staying on track with weight loss.  I will be honest i am crying while typing this.  I know it may not make sense, but i wanted honest opinions of what people may be thinking when they see me.  No pity party at all i did this pregnancies, depression, i lost myself yrs ago.

Quoting nermall1102:

That's quite the question there sweetie. I have a sister that is obese and shes only 23. She will be 24 this month. She was diagnosed last year with type two. Honestly it makes me cry. I raised her her whole childhood. I cry bc shes still under the influence of her bio mom. When shes with me she does fantastic but when shes around her bio mother she gets sucked in again and back tracks. I have quite a few obese ppl in my life. To me they are ppl that i love and wish hope and pray the best for. They are wonderful ppl who still deserve the best in life. To me size looks etc dont matter its truly whats inside that matters.

Texascandee
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Mostly, I feel sorry for them and wonder if there is a medical reason they are so big.  I am considered overweight by the scales but I don't really look down on or make nasty remarks to obese people

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I about 10% of cases is there a medical reason. Mostly overeating causes obesity. Fil was 350 most of his adult life till he got sick. He lost 100+ lbs the last 18 months of his life.

Quoting Texascandee:

Mostly, I feel sorry for them and wonder if there is a medical reason they are so big.  I am considered overweight by the scales but I don't really look down on or make nasty remarks to obese people

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)