Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Good to do this for boyfriend or is he being overprotective?

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 32 Replies

Poll

Question: After reading this, would you stay, would you go?

Options:

stay

go

stay but work on things before i trust again

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

Okay , so its kind of a long story. So i'll just start from the beginning. Were not officially dating right but were working on things are as a couple would be , but waiting for the relationship label even sometimes we call each other girlfriend and boyfriend, but its like you know like that right now. But to the beginning. I met him when i was 18 im 19 now. We have been together since the end of october. He got me pregnant like two months after i met him, it was completely unplanned but it has been a long road for both of us and we have a had a really hard time, fighting screaming , it even got physical at one point on both sides but we would split for a few weeks to cool off , or call things off for good, or so we thought but we would always manage to get back together bc it just was hard not to be together and this time , he finally admitted all his mistakes and stuff he has put me through , vice versa! So its been very very rough but at the same time we have gotten closer and closer and we havent been physical with each other, or screaming. we have gotten into real heated arguments but they are less and less and hes getting better about treating me better. hes getting better about talking about his feelings and communicating with me, he knows that we cant be together and he cant have as his girlfriend or anything more if he acts cruel and everything so hes trying to change, hes in aa and got a new job and trying to pick his life up basically. well, while we were not talking or together or anything i had hooked up with an old ex, not good on my part, idk y i did it but i wasnt emotionally interested. him on the other hand, was flirting with girls, asking them to come over to his house and stuff and one of the friends that was supposed to be one of our friends he was flirting with and she was trying to like take my place when we were broken up bc her bf broke it off with her, and shes always been a busy body coming over when we were together and stuff and she did it not a week ago while i was there and he told her straight up to leave, but before i moved out ( i had been living with him for about six months, it was a loooooong six months) he was acting weird and secretive and i couldnt understand why, so i asked him whats up why are you acting secretive ( we werent together at this time technically but we were still trying to work on things still sleeping in the same bed, hadnt made love in a couple months or touched or hugged except we would cuddle at night no matter what even if we had the hugest fight we would still cuddle when we went to sleep ) he told me he wasnt hiding anything and i just recently realized he was flirting with those girls about a month before i moved out when we were still sleeping in the same bed and working on things!!! I was soooo furious! bc we were just non stop fighting and behind my back he was betting on us not working out. Omg i was pissed and we have been trying to work on it, he apologized but i told him straight up prove it sorry means nothing. So he pretty much says were both to blame bc i had sex even though it wasnt until weeks after i moved out and it wasnt emotional and flirting is the beginning of emotional. but i became friends with my first boyfriend that i gave my virginity too i hadnt talked to him more than a few words in six years , and i was happy about being friends and catching up and i wanted to be only friends but he wanted me to not talk to him or facebook so i pretty much removed him and he removed the girls he was flirting with ... and i told him he has a lot of building of my trust to work on. and we have been working on that, im not going to lie things have been better than they have ever been in months now and it seems like he really is trying, but at the same thing does stupid shit to me when hes mad, and the secretive flirting b4 i moved out, sorry if this was too long its been quite a journal with this mean , but amazing gentleman. He has two sides, the crazy mad guy who drinks, and then the guy that i fell in love with. and am still inlove with. So lots of questions, need comments about my stuation and was he being over protective about having me stop being friends with my ex who i was friends with or was it the right thing to do ? ( he did have me delete the guys number i slept with too) 

side note - the reason im trying to work on things so much is because we are going to have a child together and im very traditional plus im a relationship magnet, not going to lie. but mostly the first reason. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by Nicole on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I stopped reading at it got physical.
Get out now. If he got physical, yes he will be a controlling asshole.
RUN
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytobee19
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Well, it wasnt anything serious he just got really mad and bit me on the hand, i was the one the really give it to him. 

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this
You need to grow up and focus on you. Y'all both sound like a train wreck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Run at the first sign of physical altercations. Only takes one time. Run as fast as you can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Wow, you need to grow up and learn what real relationships are about. Not biting or screaming.

Quoting mommytobee19:

Well, it wasnt anything serious he just got really mad and bit me on the hand, i was the one the really give it to him. 

Sunshine257
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I stopped reading at he got physical. Biting or not that would be a deal breaker for me.
marie2409
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't read that mess....I gave it an honest try. Break that up into paragraphs, damn.

What I did read tells me you are both really immature and you both have A LOT of growing up to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:35 AM
From personal experiencd... doesn't matter how great he is sober. If he's mean when he drinks, run. Eventually that drunken meanness WILL seep into even the sober times. It will only get worse. You spend your days wondering which version of him is going to walk in that door each time. Walkingg on eggshells cause you never know how to act because the same silly joke that made him laugh yesterday might get you hurt today. I understand that you are a more taditional person, but, honey, you can't force something that's not meant to be. If he's still flirting around with other girls then, girl, you gotta know he has no true interest in fixing things with you. He's stringing you along and using that baby you're carrying to do it.
dbush0584
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:38 AM
bye! I was in an abusive relationship for 5 years and he always " seemed" to get better..... until he didn't. don't bring a baby into this toxic relationship. when are you due? all of this has happened in your short what....8-9 month relationship? get out while you can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Get out now and walk away now before he does something worse than bite you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)