Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are you doing anything this Father's Day weekend?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 108 Replies

Father's Day is this Sunday! How often do you see your dad? Will you see him this weekend? Are you doing anything for the dad(s) in your life?

giving dad heart

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I don't see my dad very often, maybe a few times a year, because of both our work schedules and the fact that if I want to see him, I have to go to him because he refuses to come to my house anymore. I won't see him this weekend, either, and I'm not doing anything special for him right now since we're still on the outs from a fight back before Thanksgiving. We'll be seeing FIL this weekend, though, as usual, since his birthday is the 17th, and he'll get a card and a token gift. For my husband, I still need to get him a card, but he already got his gifts since he picked them out - stripes for his Mustang, lol.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't see mine very much, either, for the same reasons. That sounds like a fun gift for your husband! :)

Quoting bamababe1975:

I don't see my dad very often, maybe a few times a year, because of both our work schedules and the fact that if I want to see him, I have to go to him because he refuses to come to my house anymore. I won't see him this weekend, either, and I'm not doing anything special for him right now since we're still on the outs from a fight back before Thanksgiving. We'll be seeing FIL this weekend, though, as usual, since his birthday is the 17th, and he'll get a card and a token gift. For my husband, I still need to get him a card, but he already got his gifts since he picked them out - stripes for his Mustang, lol.

sunrisekn
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM
3 moms liked this

I will call my father but that's it. He's not big into Father's Day. However, my son and I are going all out for my hubs. We are going to bake cookies and make lasagna. I also have our son coloring a worlds greatest dad certificate that I am going to frame for hubs. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Dh does not get back from Japan and India until late morning Father's day. He is gonna want to smoke cigars and sleep. That will be his wish. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Ooh, yum!  What kind of cookies are you going to bake?

Quoting sunrisekn:

I will call my father but that's it. He's not big into Father's Day. However, my son and I are going all out for my hubs. We are going to bake cookies and make lasagna. I also have our son coloring a worlds greatest dad certificate that I am going to frame for hubs. 

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM

LOL! That sounds like a great way to spend the day. I know sleeping in is always my dream for Mother's Day - how about you?

Quoting atlmom2:

Dh does not get back from Japan and India until late morning Father's day. He is gonna want to smoke cigars and sleep. That will be his wish. Lol.

sunrisekn
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Quoting sunrisekn:

Peanut butter zebra cookies. Just peanut butter cookies with chocolate drizzled on them. Peanut butter cups are my hubs favorite. 

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Oh wow, those sound great! I always make ESP cookies (eggs, sugar, and peanut butter are the only ingredients), and I've rolled them out, put them in a press, etc., but never drizzled them with chocolate. Where did you get the certificate?

Quoting sunrisekn:

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Quoting sunrisekn:

Peanut butter zebra cookies. Just peanut butter cookies with chocolate drizzled on them. Peanut butter cups are my hubs favorite. 

SxEmomma
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM

My dd usually hosts  a barbeque for the fellas and we all go over and cook and cater to them. but my husband.... I plan on showing him my appreication Friday. Hotel room  dinner, nice massage aids from Slumber Parties no doubt ..... something sexy, something new and something exciting

RockyMtnMom14
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I haven't seen my own father in over 15 years.  We occasionally email but that is it.  Too much drama.  FIL lives in Texas so we sent him a card and we will call him.  I already bought DH his gifts - a cooling doo-rag and a "sexy bald guy" travel mug.  He likes to hike so we will do that and cook up a couple of steaks afterwards. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN