Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should this be essential baby gear?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 44 Replies

My family(DH,  DD, DS and I) went for a ride in the car last weekend.  While out we stopped to give the kids a treat of a McDonalds lunch.  It was a spur of the moment trip or we would have been able to pack a picnic lunch, anyways back to the topic.  

While there, we happened to sit at a table that was next to an outlet.  When we were almost done, a women with 2 or 3 kids came in.  She had what looked like a plug in battery charger and a cell phone battery.  She was looking around and came up to our table and asked if she could use the outlet.  She said she was driving with her kids and her phone was almost out of power and she didn't like not having it when the kids were with her.  Of course we said to go right ahead, it was not our outlet anyway.  She had her oldest(10-12) sit at the table next to us so he could see the charger and she went to order.  Before she finished ordering, we left and I think the boy moved to the table we had just left.

As we got back to the car, I checked my phone, it was less than halfway so I got out our car charger and plugged it in.

If you know that you might be in your car with the kids and you may not have a full charge on your phone,  why wouldn't you have a car charger?  We have 2 cars and a charger in each car.  Having one is well less than the peice of mind that comes from having one.

Do have one in your car?

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SWasson
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I keep one plugged in in my car all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I have a car charger
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I tend to think of it as essential, and did before I had kids but more so now with them.

dalbax2
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I have one but I always try to make sure my phone has a full charge before I leave my house.

D.O.E.
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM

maybe hers was lost or broken.

i always have one

Angelanscalf89
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Mine doesnt work in my car or in my dfs truck either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM
We recently went on a trip back home. App. 13 hour trip. We were using our car charger for GPS. We couldn't plug both up at the same time and the GPS battery only lasted a short time unplugged for whatever reason (it was brand new). Maybe she was in the same situation?
nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Our cars both have a second charger outlet(hard to get to but there incase).  Our chargers, and our GPS plug too, have USB ports on them so two things can be use at one time.

Quoting Susan0805:

We recently went on a trip back home. App. 13 hour trip. We were using our car charger for GPS. We couldn't plug both up at the same time and the GPS battery only lasted a short time unplugged for whatever reason (it was brand new). Maybe she was in the same situation?

Susan0805
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Aren't you special? Not everyone has the same car as you...

Quoting nova.mommy:

Our cars both have a second charger outlet(hard to get to but there incase).  Our chargers, and our GPS plug too, have USB ports on them so two things can be use at one time.

Quoting Susan0805:

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)